Bullnose Forums

Dome light

20200517_121741.jpg.693e9d9ebef9ca8db11392a7bc293329.jpg just got my dome light to work , the original 90 degree push in connectors were broken , i measured up the rectangular hole that also has a angled bit and thought the only way is to make plastic isolators ,( it looks a little ropey ☺) , heres a unfinished pic it had the flange trimmed to the long side or parallel to the vice jaws and cut down through the hole to allow it to lock in hole , swapped connectors for eyelets , all good now . Cheers.

A solution to those easily broken connectors would be great. I am having a little trouble picturing your entire solution though - have anymore photos?

I will draw a picture and add some measurements , just finished last nightshift , get 4 hrs sleep .and i will add to post .it is basicly a rawl plug , so as the screw goes in it should spread the back side and lock , which it did ☺.

A solution to those easily broken connectors would be great. I am having a little trouble picturing your entire solution though - have anymore photos?

Hi , you just need some nylon, and with some patience you could hacksaw these up , the angle on the isolator i dont have measurements for you have to guess that , there maybe a left and a right for that ? , but definiatly trim the flats to around 12 mm ,as shown to fit into light recess , i got a good push in fit into roof support , hacksaw down to flange , so that when you screw it up tight to top will flare open , i gave up on my terminals and fitted this style . The lower flange was just what i measured off the light , i didnt notice that the earth screw had a raised boss so you can alter thickness to suit , mine screwed up good , i pulled the wires through the square holes and put them on the terminal. Im using a T10 LED . Hope this helps , not sure if you have a different style light but this might help . Cheers Vaughn.

20200523_121639.jpg.76592a96b43ad9bc3152365291d90ea9.jpg

Hi , you just need some nylon, and with some patience you could hacksaw these up , the angle on the isolator i dont have measurements for you have to guess that , there maybe a left and a right for that ? , but definiatly trim the flats to around 12 mm ,as shown to fit into light recess , i got a good push in fit into roof support , hacksaw down to flange , so that when you screw it up tight to top will flare open , i gave up on my terminals and fitted this style . The lower flange was just what i measured off the light , i didnt notice that the earth screw had a raised boss so you can alter thickness to suit , mine screwed up good , i pulled the wires through the square holes and put them on the terminal. Im using a T10 LED . Hope this helps , not sure if you have a different style light but this might help . Cheers Vaughn.

Nice detailed drawing Vaughan! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure this can help members that are looking for a better solution than a unicorn anchor.

Nice detailed drawing Vaughan! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure this can help members that are looking for a better solution than a unicorn anchor.

Thanks , yes i thought they were a very odd terminal , clever saved money on two screws ! Mine were completely broken so i didn't know what they looked like , but i gathered a 90 degree push in plastic rawl pug terminal thingey . My eyelets were a little big, but all i had .Cheers Vaughn.

20200523_130155.jpg.48e4a24bd022f9e6d0e888dec7ada7c8.jpg

Thanks , yes i thought they were a very odd terminal , clever saved money on two screws ! Mine were completely broken so i didn't know what they looked like , but i gathered a 90 degree push in plastic rawl pug terminal thingey . My eyelets were a little big, but all i had .Cheers Vaughn.

You Kiwi's are incredibly resourceful!

And from what I see you live in a beautiful land.

Being a motorcycle junkie from childhood I admired Bert Monroe and followed John Britten intensely.

Real outside the box thinkers that proved their point on the world stage.

You Kiwi's are incredibly resourceful!

And from what I see you live in a beautiful land.

Being a motorcycle junkie from childhood I admired Bert Monroe and followed John Britten intensely.

Real outside the box thinkers that proved their point on the world stage.

Took me a bit to understand what you did, but I like this approach! Mine were cut in favor of a hardwired dome light, but I removed that and found a dome/cargo harness in the junkyard to rob those connectors from. If they break however, I'll be sure to try and remember this post. Thanks!

Took me a bit to understand what you did, but I like this approach! Mine were cut in favor of a hardwired dome light, but I removed that and found a dome/cargo harness in the junkyard to rob those connectors from. If they break however, I'll be sure to try and remember this post. Thanks!

Well done, Vaughn! I like it.

And, Bert Munro was cool. World's fastest Indian. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done, Vaughn! I like it.

And, Bert Munro was cool. World's fastest Indian. :nabble_smiley_good:

That was a good story and movie , I have a mate who has converted a 1400 cc road bike into a rat bike /off road racer for the Burt Munro challenge , for post to post beach racing , (They sell very cool vintage style T-shirts ) id say well be there next year . Cheers Vaughn.