Bullnose Forums

New member intro

_20161206_194054.jpg.f993e5bf68c63a180827c69a1b67f605.jpg

Hey all,

86 F350

Automatic

1 ton dump

I'm in California and I've been having smog issues with this truck since I acquired it. Pass one time Fail the next and on and on.

The picture is of the last two tests. As you can see the numbers jumped drastically.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post all the details or not. If not I will start a new thread in the appropriate area

Thank you

Welcome Pizzadude! :nabble_waving_orig:

So you'll pass the visual (everything is there) but you can't get past the sniffer?

Ive done quite a bit of work on 460's and can think of a few reasons if we get into more detail.

But I guess your choice is to make it right rather than cheating.

It's hard to read on my phone.

The latest data you have is from four years ago?

I'm thinking the thermactor pump or check valve is bad.

CO should be burning off in the exhaust manifolds if fresh air was being pumped into the exhaust ports.

It may be as simple as a PCV for high HC, or maybe a valve seal...

Pizzadude - Welcome! What part of CA? We have a map and can add you if we had a zip or city.

And, you've been promoted to Member so you can post elsewhere, which is a better place to do troubleshooting. However, you are welcome to do it here if you want. It may just get less traffic.

Hey, you're not the guy buying his own pizzas on grubhub for an $8 profit on top of the retail? :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

It looks like your idle is higher in 2016.

Maybe your carb is adjusted into the transfer slots?

That would definitely affect emissions.

But I think you should look at the entire A.I.R. system.

Hey, you're not the guy buying his own pizzas on grubhub for an $8 profit on top of the retail? :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

It looks like your idle is higher in 2016.

Maybe your carb is adjusted into the transfer slots?

That would definitely affect emissions.

But I think you should look at the entire A.I.R. system.

Welcome!

It's hard to read on my phone.

The latest data you have is from four years ago?

I'm thinking the thermactor pump or check valve is bad.

CO should be burning off in the exhaust manifolds if fresh air was being pumped into the exhaust ports.

It may be as simple as a PCV for high HC, or maybe a valve seal...

Hi,

The intro email somehow disappeared from my inbox and I couldn't get back after that so I apologize.

So there is lots of smog history and repair history on this engine and obviously a bunch to go.

Would it be better if I just started a thread somewhere else?

I have the smog issue but also brakes and some engine work to still do. The only reason I ask is so as these items are address it will be more accessible to others in need of the info.

Let me know please now that I figured out how to get alerts to my email.

BTW I gave up on it 4 years ago after that last test info I just had too much going on.

Pizzadude - Welcome! What part of CA? We have a map and can add you if we had a zip or city.

And, you've been promoted to Member so you can post elsewhere, which is a better place to do troubleshooting. However, you are welcome to do it here if you want. It may just get less traffic.

Hey there,

I'm in Bakersfield, CA armpit of California lol. Kinda grumpy right now we've had a crazy heat wave the last few days from 103-108 which always irritates me. Especially this early in the summer.

I was thinking it might be better to start a thread elsewhere I asked the other guy where it should be as well.

Thank you.

Hi,

The intro email somehow disappeared from my inbox and I couldn't get back after that so I apologize.

So there is lots of smog history and repair history on this engine and obviously a bunch to go.

Would it be better if I just started a thread somewhere else?

I have the smog issue but also brakes and some engine work to still do. The only reason I ask is so as these items are address it will be more accessible to others in need of the info.

Let me know please now that I figured out how to get alerts to my email.

BTW I gave up on it 4 years ago after that last test info I just had too much going on.

You're a member now, you're welcome to start a new topic anywhere you like! :nabble_smiley_cool:

How can we help?

Maybe you want to start a documentary 'Project' thread or maybe you want to address issues one by one in the main forum?

You're a member now, you're welcome to start a new topic anywhere you like! :nabble_smiley_cool:

How can we help?

Maybe you want to start a documentary 'Project' thread or maybe you want to address issues one by one in the main forum?

Well I'm thinking a project thread. I'm not going for a complete frame up restore or anything fancy I just want to get it up and running and do it correctly with the right parts and methods, it's no show truck that's for darn sure.

I will look into how to do the thread tonight. I'm on my phone with no glasses and I'm having a heck of a time seeing.

It sucks getting old..🥴

Thanks again