Bullnose Forums

Might be adding another Bullnose to my collection

I'd love to have a 4 door version, preferably not a dually. I don't have the bandwidth for what that 4 door needs, nor do I have the wifes approval.

Also we are in SC and there is no AC in that bad boy. If I had the time, money and a truck with the right bones I would probably do like a diesel swap or other re power on it. Heck if the chassis is similar I know there is a junked 90's model 4 door 7.3l in the scrap yard right now.

I did find a pretty nice 1985 XLT Lariat, has 302 with a misfire, but I was looking at it as a parts truck because it has all the bells and whistles, and the bed is in nicer shape than mine. The kid wanted $1500, its about an hour away. Still waiting to hear back.

Screenshot_20200521-213253.thumb.png.9602f51676f25aeefce93aee738a7fa8.png

Screenshot_20200521-213314.thumb.png.46037639a2d352692d6a6701c2671a07.png

Screenshot_20200521-213322.thumb.png.fbd8eeee05b6166ba77d562c6b68a148.png

I'd love to have a 4 door version, preferably not a dually. I don't have the bandwidth for what that 4 door needs, nor do I have the wifes approval.

Also we are in SC and there is no AC in that bad boy. If I had the time, money and a truck with the right bones I would probably do like a diesel swap or other re power on it. Heck if the chassis is similar I know there is a junked 90's model 4 door 7.3l in the scrap yard right now.

I did find a pretty nice 1985 XLT Lariat, has 302 with a misfire, but I was looking at it as a parts truck because it has all the bells and whistles, and the bed is in nicer shape than mine. The kid wanted $1500, its about an hour away. Still waiting to hear back.

I wise man once said "A man't got to know his limitations." And if you don't have the time nor the wife's blessing then you have serious limitations. Time to walk away.

But the Lariat might be a good possibility.

Trim looks straight!

That's a nicely optioned truck.

Second or third time I've seen burlwood and red interior this week.

I'm really liking it. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Yep I see tilt wheel, cruise control, power windows, AC, carpeted door panels, full trim with headliner, then it has the lower molding, the bumper with push guards, chrome/silver grill on the front, rear has the tailgate with insert panel. It's AOD because I can see that OD indicator but that's not something I am interested in, just confirms its not 4WD. The original wheel centers etc are all there, and it has the sliding rear window.

I couldn't ebay all that truck for $1500. Then there is the possiblity of other parts such as suspension, axels differentials. etc.

I would make my year if this guy would just get back to me, would be absolutely amazing if it has some goodies under the hood like a toolbox.