Bullnose Forums

84 460 4 speed Lowered street truck

Chris Guthro

So after reading the Facebook exchange regarding the firewall plates, I reached out to JBG and they confirmed that they have the plates in stock as of 5/18/2020. So I placed an order and we'll see what happens.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Guess Keith wasn't quite fast enough. Again in the immortal words of Larry Verne: "Hm, you're a little bit late on that one, Charlie Ooh, I bet that smarts!" :nabble_smiley_evil:

I'm sorry to report that I don't yet know the hole size for the bolts to hold the small plate on. I forgot to measure them before it went in the oven. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Guess Keith wasn't quite fast enough. Again in the immortal words of Larry Verne: "Hm, you're a little bit late on that one, Charlie Ooh, I bet that smarts!" :nabble_smiley_evil:

I'm sorry to report that I don't yet know the hole size for the bolts to hold the small plate on. I forgot to measure them before it went in the oven. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Really just bought it out of curiosity. I'm not getting my hopes up until I have the piece in my hand and determine it's made to a solid quality standard.

Really just bought it out of curiosity. I'm not getting my hopes up until I have the piece in my hand and determine it's made to a solid quality standard.

Just meant JBG beat LMC to it, not your order.

Would you like me to make these?

Should not be an Issue, Would need either detailed drawings or an actual one to model...

Ron

Just thinking it might be something for you to get into. Keith is going to be considering a source. So you could talk to him. But, you could sell them directly like Terrapin did. However, you might want to talk to Jason to see why he got out of the business.

Just thinking it might be something for you to get into. Keith is going to be considering a source. So you could talk to him. But, you could sell them directly like Terrapin did. However, you might want to talk to Jason to see why he got out of the business.

Ok, I got to measure the holes. They are probably drilled for 8mm, but 5/16" will work. However, the one's used by :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: when he installed it have been drilled out. My guess is that he only had two bolts, and they were 3/8", so that's what he used. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Big_Blue_s_Previous_Firewall_Brace.thumb.jpg.5d98e7dd4336d7c28f4bcbab86dd9950.jpgSmall_Firewall_Brace.thumb.jpg.aae9efa8efbc3be1164fe8d5aac2adba.jpg

Ok, I got to measure the holes. They are probably drilled for 8mm, but 5/16" will work. However, the one's used by :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: when he installed it have been drilled out. My guess is that he only had two bolts, and they were 3/8", so that's what he used. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Gary, from your photo :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: didn't have any bolts, and only used the studs already in the master cylinder!

I think the bolts in the kit are SAE, although 5/16-18 and 8x1.25 are very close.

Good catch, Jim. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-slap-23_orig.gif

Thanks Gary!! I got a small one from Cory today! He gave me his. But I’ll take that one too for the pull truck!!! Got a little bit done today! Had a visit from Cory and the blue mule, even got to take it for a spin! E3653593-A8E6-42A6-83DA-B0A6309F667C.jpeg.3ed9c2e743ec690507c89767880027ed.jpegEF87C654-D8D0-4ECD-8E1F-76884AF7CE8C.jpeg.fdf0a021415aacebd6616fc7cfcba848.jpeg44893046-88B6-422F-A21A-2683E6A2DD9D.jpeg.e1850969fc894c6c87f5e8540b00cc17.jpeg

Thanks Gary!! I got a small one from Cory today! He gave me his. But I’ll take that one too for the pull truck!!! Got a little bit done today! Had a visit from Cory and the blue mule, even got to take it for a spin!

Chris - No prob, I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Steering column looks good. I like that lower bearing. :nabble_smiley_good: