Bullnose Forums

84 460 4 speed Lowered street truck

Chris Guthro

Thanks for the info guys! I’ll try the little brace first since the cabs in good shape. I’d like to get the big bracket tho for the pull truck since that’s taking a good size beating haha

The bolts are normal, but the nuts are prevailing torque (triangle distorted)

It's probably a good idea not to have it loosen up on you.

I saw Jason comment on FB just a few days and I thought he said he wasn’t making them for JBG. He said JBG basically pushed him out of the market and he was only selling 30-40 braces per year. He must have been selling a lot of them before JBG got into it.

Yea, I'm only assuming based on the fact that JBG told me that their supplier had closed down unexpectedly, and they had no idea when their supplier was going to reopen. But if Jason said he wasn't making them for JBG, then that's interesting. I'll probably ping JBG in another month and see if their supplier has re-opened and whether they have more.

I saw Jason comment on FB just a few days and I thought he said he wasn’t making them for JBG. He said JBG basically pushed him out of the market and he was only selling 30-40 braces per year. He must have been selling a lot of them before JBG got into it.

Yea, I'm only assuming based on the fact that JBG told me that their supplier had closed down unexpectedly, and they had no idea when their supplier was going to reopen. But if Jason said he wasn't making them for JBG, then that's interesting. I'll probably ping JBG in another month and see if their supplier has re-opened and whether they have more.

I sent Keith a note last night and he said he'll look into it. But he is just starting the new job today, so at best it'll take a while.

I suggested he contact Jason and see what the deal is about making them, and if he won't or can't then see if they can buy the plans off him and have them made.

Maybe even Reamer would?

I sent Keith a note last night and he said he'll look into it. But he is just starting the new job today, so at best it'll take a while.

I suggested he contact Jason and see what the deal is about making them, and if he won't or can't then see if they can buy the plans off him and have them made.

Maybe even Reamer would?

I wish somebody would because at this point I have to make my own. :nabble_anim_crazy:. And that brace is keeping me from putting my dash back in the truck.

I wish somebody would because at this point I have to make my own. :nabble_anim_crazy:. And that brace is keeping me from putting my dash back in the truck.

Didn't know you were looking or I'd have offered this one to you. Are you looking for the big one though?

I installed the big one in Big Blue with the dash in. It would have been easier with it out, but wasn't too bad with it in. However, I have a right-angle drill that made some of those holes less of a pain with the dash in.

Didn't know you were looking or I'd have offered this one to you. Are you looking for the big one though?

I installed the big one in Big Blue with the dash in. It would have been easier with it out, but wasn't too bad with it in. However, I have a right-angle drill that made some of those holes less of a pain with the dash in.

I'm looking for the big one. My parts truck in the junkyard has a small one on it, but I'd rather have the full-size one. I made a template so that I can transfer that to a piece of 11g plate steel if absolutely necessary, but it would be easier to buy one made by somebody with a press. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm looking for the big one. My parts truck in the junkyard has a small one on it, but I'd rather have the full-size one. I made a template so that I can transfer that to a piece of 11g plate steel if absolutely necessary, but it would be easier to buy one made by somebody with a press. :nabble_smiley_good:

Somebody with a computer-controlled plasma cutter and a press/brake? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Somebody with a computer-controlled plasma cutter and a press/brake? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Exactly. :nabble_anim_claps:

A FB friend named Ron has this private message: "You need to see this discussion: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/84-460-4-speed-Lowered-street-truck-tp61156p61304.html"

(Hmmm, that kinda reminds me of Traffic Jam:

Now I almost had a heart attack

Looking in my rear view mirror

I saw myself the next car back

Looking in the rear view mirror

About to have a heart attack

A FB friend named Ron has this private message: "You need to see this discussion: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/84-460-4-speed-Lowered-street-truck-tp61156p61304.html"

(Hmmm, that kinda reminds me of Traffic Jam:

Now I almost had a heart attack

Looking in my rear view mirror

I saw myself the next car back

Looking in the rear view mirror

About to have a heart attack

So after reading the Facebook exchange regarding the firewall plates, I reached out to JBG and they confirmed that they have the plates in stock as of 5/18/2020. So I placed an order and we'll see what happens.