Bullnose Forums

snake oil/additives...

Yes, the later transmissions are better, but they require a controller. The AOD doesn't. And, while a stock AOD is said to be less than robust, I've read that they can be built to be very stout. This article from Hot Rod says they can be built to handle 1200 HP.Monster Transmission sells these:
  • Quick Ship: $2199, but it doesn't say how much HP it'll handle
  • HD: $1599 for a 4wd version capable of handling 450 HP. Or $1799 for a package to replace a C6.
  • Super Duty: $1999 for a 4wd version and handling up to 600 HP
Ask the Frenchtown Flyer.

You don't want a drag transmission.

Shifts are way too harsh.

With a controller you can tune all you want.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 9:11 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Espy is definitely a cruiser. No towing, no rock crawling. Really a lake car.

The c6 in Espy shifts so hard, I want to know how it is built, I definitely think it is anything but stock...

I have thought of the aod transmission as that is what I have in the truck and she cruises real nice.

When I have the money in my account I will go to a few shops and price out the options.

Espy is definitely a cruiser. No towing, no rock crawling. Really a lake car.

The c6 in Espy shifts so hard, I want to know how it is built, I definitely think it is anything but stock...

I have thought of the aod transmission as that is what I have in the truck and she cruises real nice.

When I have the money in my account I will go to a few shops and price out the options.

You might find that an AOD isn't any more expensive than changing out the front and rear gears. That can get very pricey.

That's still a significant improvement over 8 MPG. Just think what you'd get if you put an AOD in. :nabble_smiley_evil:

114.1miles, 11.0 gallons. 10.37mpg,

Lots of highway at 3krpm..

+29.6%! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's still a significant improvement over 8 MPG. Just think what you'd get if you put an AOD in. :nabble_smiley_evil: