Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

At very first I didn't have a filter on but I put it on when I had that no start/accelerator pump issue(that turned out to be timing but the accelerator pump didn't work either so) Also the accelerator pump isn't working again. Actually only like a week after I cleaned everything and made sure it was working again, nothing comes out at all again. I could drive it like that, just it would stumble for a second but then be fine. This time it was very bad like I said, really really really slow.

Gary just posted some pictures of one of Big Blue's tank strainers.

Chock full of rust.

And Big Blue seemed to be a healthy 460, so I can only imagine how bad it must be for your truck to have a check ball off the seat in just a week.

What does that filter look like now?

But you have to start somewhere.

A gas tank is about $100 and sending units seem around 50.

Gary just posted some pictures of one of Big Blue's tank strainers.

Chock full of rust.

And Big Blue seemed to be a healthy 460, so I can only imagine how bad it must be for your truck to have a check ball off the seat in just a week.

What does that filter look like now?

But you have to start somewhere.

A gas tank is about $100 and sending units seem around 50.

It didn't look bad when I glanced at it but I'll check again and take a pic. All I did last time to was just take the accelerator nozzle off and shoot some carb cleaner down the plunger hole, then took the plunger and slowly went down and it started working again.

It didn't look bad when I glanced at it but I'll check again and take a pic. All I did last time to was just take the accelerator nozzle off and shoot some carb cleaner down the plunger hole, then took the plunger and slowly went down and it started working again.

I had fits with a 2150, which is the Motorcraft 2bbl that you probably have, plugging the discharge jets with rust. That's when I went to two filters. So if you pull the nozzles be sure to clean them, and if you are going to stick something through them be sure to use something softer than they are, like small copper wire. I like to use a strand from a piece of stranded wire.

I had fits with a 2150, which is the Motorcraft 2bbl that you probably have, plugging the discharge jets with rust. That's when I went to two filters. So if you pull the nozzles be sure to clean them, and if you are going to stick something through them be sure to use something softer than they are, like small copper wire. I like to use a strand from a piece of stranded wire.

Gary,

He said he has an Edelbrock carb and intake.

Gary,

He said he has an Edelbrock carb and intake.

Thanks, Jim.

I don't have time to go back and read the whole thread. I looked at the signature and it said "1982 Bronco - 5.0L/C6". So, without further guidance, I assumed the stock 2150 was still on there. (Hint, hint, hint, .... :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Thanks, Jim.

I don't have time to go back and read the whole thread. I looked at the signature and it said "1982 Bronco - 5.0L/C6". So, without further guidance, I assumed the stock 2150 was still on there. (Hint, hint, hint, .... :nabble_smiley_wink:)

It's unfortunate Nabble can't do post counts.

Back two pages when he was discussing throttle brackets and you showed pictures from FTE of how you cut 'n paste the stock Ford cable mount.

It's unfortunate Nabble can't do post counts.

Back two pages when he was discussing throttle brackets and you showed pictures from FTE of how you cut 'n paste the stock Ford cable mount.

My point exactly. The info is two pages back. That would take time I don't have to find. I'll look at the signatures and go from there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

My point exactly. The info is two pages back. That would take time I don't have to find. I'll look at the signatures and go from there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

My "Too much other stuff to mention" isn't very descriptive, but it does give the idea that all is not what it seems at first glance.

It's a blessing (and a curse) that I have the retention that I do.

Just another aspect of my autism.

My "Too much other stuff to mention" isn't very descriptive, but it does give the idea that all is not what it seems at first glance.

It's a blessing (and a curse) that I have the retention that I do.

Just another aspect of my autism.

As I told Janey a few minutes ago, I can't remember anything between now and 1969, but I have pretty good recall of the 60's. (A jingle that plays on the radio station I listen to says "If you remember the 60's you weren't really there", so I guess we know who the straight-arrow was.)

My "truck" time these days is being split between getting things lined out for the show and alerting everyone, adding pages to the website, working in the background to getting a new home for the forum, answering email about trucks, and working on Big Blue. I'm happy to help people, but don't want to spend the time to figure out what they have if it could have been in the signature. :nabble_anim_crazy:

So I'm envious of you'uns that can remember the details.

As I told Janey a few minutes ago, I can't remember anything between now and 1969, but I have pretty good recall of the 60's. (A jingle that plays on the radio station I listen to says "If you remember the 60's you weren't really there", so I guess we know who the straight-arrow was.)

My "truck" time these days is being split between getting things lined out for the show and alerting everyone, adding pages to the website, working in the background to getting a new home for the forum, answering email about trucks, and working on Big Blue. I'm happy to help people, but don't want to spend the time to figure out what they have if it could have been in the signature. :nabble_anim_crazy:

So I'm envious of you'uns that can remember the details.

My time is coming.

Pretty soon I won't remember if I ate today.