Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Oops, I forgot that. :nabble_smiley_blush:

The HEI module must be attached to some sort of metal to dissipate the heat from the current. If not it will get hot and fail. Get a new module and a heat sink for it or at least attach it to the metal of the fender as the plastic fender liner will not work as a heat sink. However, unless you are running a lot of boost pressure or really high compression the stock DS II module will work just fine with the matching DS II coil and will plug right in.

The HEI module must be attached to some sort of metal to dissipate the heat from the current. If not it will get hot and fail. Get a new module and a heat sink for it or at least attach it to the metal of the fender as the plastic fender liner will not work as a heat sink. However, unless you are running a lot of boost pressure or really high compression the stock DS II module will work just fine with the matching DS II coil and will plug right in.

The heatsink came in today and the AC Delco module should be here tomorrow.

Should the heatsink be enough or should I maybe attach it to the fender for possible more heat absorption?

Should the heatsink be enough or should I maybe attach it to the fender for possible more heat absorption?

Tire shop called and said they can't do much because the driver side bearings are out. Guess we'll see about new bearings then.

If you can attach the heat sink to the fender that's what I'd recommend. The cooler you can keep a semiconductor the longer it'll live.

On the bearings, it is good they caught them now. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't have the DSII though, I have the HEI module.

Sorry about that... :nabble_smiley_blush:

GM modules should be okay as long as you have enough heatsink.

An old style CPU heatsink seems like it should be enough.

I just don't know how many watts your setup needs to dissipate.

If you can attach the heat sink to the fender that's what I'd recommend. The cooler you can keep a semiconductor the longer it'll live.

On the bearings, it is good they caught them now. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hopefully tomorrow.. they tried taking the hub off but didn't feel good on it so they're trying to soak the bolts first. Are they special bolts or could I order them somewhere? We just briefly discussed options. I think I'm right, but that bolts into the rotor right? So I could buy new rotors?

Hopefully tomorrow.. they tried taking the hub off but didn't feel good on it so they're trying to soak the bolts first. Are they special bolts or could I order them somewhere? We just briefly discussed options. I think I'm right, but that bolts into the rotor right? So I could buy new rotors?

I'm not sure I understand what bolts you are talking about. But, I think you mean the lug bolts as the rotor is held to the hub by them. They just press in/out so you can swap them out.

I'm not sure I understand what bolts you are talking about. But, I think you mean the lug bolts as the rotor is held to the hub by them. They just press in/out so you can swap them out.

The 4x4 lockout hubs, sorry not the hub itself