Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

I have to get underneath and see. The previous owner said that the transfer case was bad? But I've shifted it into 4x4 and out a couple times before it got stuck and 4x4 was definitely working

I'm not sure what the back window's deal is. It rolled up when I jumped it. It was down when I bought it. I'm sure its probably the switch and just need to see. I'm assuming I can push it in further and then test for voltage at the back? Its been awhile since I've seen that metal

The safety switch inside the tailgate is so you can't open or close the gate unless the window is down all the way.

But that also means the motor has no power if it 'thinks' the gate is open.

The safety switch inside the tailgate is so you can't open or close the gate unless the window is down all the way.

But that also means the motor has no power if it 'thinks' the gate is open.

When I researched it, it was the switch not pressing all the way usually? So hopefully I can just fully depress it?

When I researched it, it was the switch not pressing all the way usually? So hopefully I can just fully depress it?

You may well be right.

It's been a while since I had to fix my friend Bill's tailgate.

Was easier for me to jump the wires than get the panel off with the gate closed.

Anyway, Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

You may well be right.

It's been a while since I had to fix my friend Bill's tailgate.

Was easier for me to jump the wires than get the panel off with the gate closed.

Anyway, Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Crimping is how I do it, and I also use adhesive-lined heat shrink. Works great.

On the Bronco tailgate, two things:

1. We have a thread on it here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/How-to-open-a-tailgate-on-a-Bronco-that-the-electrical-system-is-not-working-td51705.html

2. We have the factory shop manual section here: Documentation/Body/Bronco Rear Window

Crimping is how I do it, and I also use adhesive-lined heat shrink. Works great.

On the Bronco tailgate, two things:

1. We have a thread on it here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/How-to-open-a-tailgate-on-a-Bronco-that-the-electrical-system-is-not-working-td51705.html

2. We have the factory shop manual section here: Documentation/Body/Bronco Rear Window

Thanks!

Can't remember but pretty sure there's just the metal, no bushing. Maybe I'll see if I can press on the tailgate first to see if it'll go up and down.

Thanks!

Can't remember but pretty sure there's just the metal, no bushing. Maybe I'll see if I can press on the tailgate first to see if it'll go up and down.

What kind of oil pressure switch is this supposed to have? The one that was on it I hooked up and when the key was in run it would climb to H and peg out. Then it would slowly go back down to 0 wether when it was in run or actually running. I was driving and wasn't totally paying attention to it but I looked down and it was at H and then went back down. I took that one off and replaced it with what I thought the Bronco came with(there was some red on it, the engine it came with was red). It does nothing with the key on. As soon as I start it, it climbs as fast as it can all the way pegged. Interesting enough, both engines came out of LTDs. I found that out when I got a water pump for a 82 bronco and it did not fit whatsoever. I then found a number on the power steering bracket and it went to a 80s LTD. I know the other way came out of a LTD because it has the same brackets and I saw a video of it running still in the LTD. Idk if the first engine was carb or not, it came carb. This one had Ford's TBI on it. Or it could be the middle engine that it has from a 91 F150 but the oil pressure senders look the same so I don't think it is from that.

Is this a "real" gauge in the dash or just if there is some kind of pressure its in the middle?

What kind of oil pressure switch is this supposed to have? The one that was on it I hooked up and when the key was in run it would climb to H and peg out. Then it would slowly go back down to 0 wether when it was in run or actually running. I was driving and wasn't totally paying attention to it but I looked down and it was at H and then went back down. I took that one off and replaced it with what I thought the Bronco came with(there was some red on it, the engine it came with was red). It does nothing with the key on. As soon as I start it, it climbs as fast as it can all the way pegged. Interesting enough, both engines came out of LTDs. I found that out when I got a water pump for a 82 bronco and it did not fit whatsoever. I then found a number on the power steering bracket and it went to a 80s LTD. I know the other way came out of a LTD because it has the same brackets and I saw a video of it running still in the LTD. Idk if the first engine was carb or not, it came carb. This one had Ford's TBI on it. Or it could be the middle engine that it has from a 91 F150 but the oil pressure senders look the same so I don't think it is from that.

Is this a "real" gauge in the dash or just if there is some kind of pressure its in the middle?

Can you picture the sender/sensor you have?

I think it wasn't until later in the Bricknose era that Ford started 'fooling' oil pressure gauges.

I know my '87 has a gauge that works AND a check engine light that comes on when pressure is under 5 pounds.

By '89 the gauge operated like an idiot light and told you nothing.

But I can't say anything about LTD's, Fairmonts, Granadas, whathaveyou...

Bullnose trucks definitely have actual gauges for water temp, oil pressure and fuel.

Can you picture the sender/sensor you have?

I think it wasn't until later in the Bricknose era that Ford started 'fooling' oil pressure gauges.

I know my '87 has a gauge that works AND a check engine light that comes on when pressure is under 5 pounds.

By '89 the gauge operated like an idiot light and told you nothing.

But I can't say anything about LTD's, Fairmonts, Granadas, whathaveyou...

Bullnose trucks definitely have actual gauges for water temp, oil pressure and fuel.

1S6542__ra_p.jpg.aabcf84ec9e80786e81aa96ba7928ceb.jpg

From what I can find on RockAuto, the 80s LTDs took the same one. Then when I go to the Bronco, there is this same one listed and then a fat one.