Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Called Custom Diffs and he gave me phone numbers to different places all around the country to call and a couple Ford guys he used to get stuff from and they all pretty well laughed when I said 1345 fixed yoke cv. We all talked for a bit but they all said good luck.

Called the last guy that does custom stuff and he said the minimum would be $200.. the Custom Diff guy also said that the yokes are $200 used easy if I find one.

Called the last guy that does custom stuff and he said the minimum would be $200.. the Custom Diff guy also said that the yokes are $200 used easy if I find one.

Well, you still haven't given any numbers on bolt circle or distance between holes.

I'm going to have to look up the output seal and shaft diameter.

This may mean you need to use an output flange instead of a yoke....

I can't say for certain, yet.

A depth (offset) from the mating face to the face where the nut sits on the old yoke would be helpful too.

Well, you still haven't given any numbers on bolt circle or distance between holes.

I'm going to have to look up the output seal and shaft diameter.

This may mean you need to use an output flange instead of a yoke....

I can't say for certain, yet.

A depth (offset) from the mating face to the face where the nut sits on the old yoke would be helpful too.

That's what the guy said I could do, is just put a flange on there was $140 I believe. I'm going to call JBG today since they were closed by the time I was going through my calls to see. The CV flange from center to center of the bolt holes was 2.8in x 1.5in. I went against the outside of the bolts still in the joint and it was 3.15in x 1.8in.

In other news, I got the coil springs and steering kit in. Gotta order a couple more things and I'll drive into the front end.

That's what the guy said I could do, is just put a flange on there was $140 I believe. I'm going to call JBG today since they were closed by the time I was going through my calls to see. The CV flange from center to center of the bolt holes was 2.8in x 1.5in. I went against the outside of the bolts still in the joint and it was 3.15in x 1.8in.

In other news, I got the coil springs and steering kit in. Gotta order a couple more things and I'll drive into the front end.

3/10 is not .375"....

This thing is taking all the torque of your engine multiplied by the gearbox, and the transfer case (if in low)

It needs to be right.

But I've got a wall here.

So I hope you can work it out.

The guys at JBG can be very helpful with driveline stuff.

3/10 is not .375"....

This thing is taking all the torque of your engine multiplied by the gearbox, and the transfer case (if in low)

It needs to be right.

But I've got a wall here.

So I hope you can work it out.

The guys at JBG can be very helpful with driveline stuff.

Well, hopefully it was just the guy I got but he wasn't any help. He started off by saying that there were no 31 splines ever on a Ford and then I explained it and he just gave me a number and that was it.

Well, hopefully it was just the guy I got but he wasn't any help. He started off by saying that there were no 31 splines ever on a Ford and then I explained it and he just gave me a number and that was it.

So, you have a number?!?

That's great!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Post it up, and we can find one. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I wish it was a part number, was just a phone number..

From what little I did get from the JBG phone call, all Broncos should have it but, I was able to give my VIN to the dealer and got the VIN from the other case I thought about buying and they confirmed that it has the same CV centering yoke so that's an option I could jump on..

From what little I did get from the JBG phone call, all Broncos should have it but, I was able to give my VIN to the dealer and got the VIN from the other case I thought about buying and they confirmed that it has the same CV centering yoke so that's an option I could jump on..

Hopefully getting a lot done this weekend as it will be sunny and great temps. I have a few questions about fluids. What is the capacity of the front and rear diffs? How much fluid when I change the transmission filter? Biggest question of all, what should I put in the tranny? I've read many different things when I first got the Bronco and it needed some ATF. I think I found more for Type F for a 82 but figured I'd ask here since theres a lot of knowledge here.

Hopefully getting a lot done this weekend as it will be sunny and great temps. I have a few questions about fluids. What is the capacity of the front and rear diffs? How much fluid when I change the transmission filter? Biggest question of all, what should I put in the tranny? I've read many different things when I first got the Bronco and it needed some ATF. I think I found more for Type F for a 82 but figured I'd ask here since theres a lot of knowledge here.

This is from the 1982 owner’s guide.

Dana Front Axle Lubricant:

Hypoid Gear Lubricant: C6AZ-19580-E, Ford spec. ESW-M2C105-A or equivalent

3.9 US Pints (84 and 86 guides show 3.8 US Pints

Rear Axle Lubricant:

Conventional: Hypoid Gear Lubricant: E0AZ-19580-A, Ford spec. ESP-M2C154-A or equivalent

Traction-Lok: Hypoid Gear Lubricant: D3AZ-19580-A, Ford spec. ESW-M2C119-A or equivalent

In 84 and 86 guides, both rear axel types use E0AZ-19580-A, Ford spec. ESP-M2C154-A or equivalent.

9.0” (has no removable cover plate):

6.5 US Pints. Fill to 0.4” below bottom of filler hole.

8.8” (has removable rear cover plate):

5.5 US Pints. Fill to 0.6” to bottom of filler hole.

Automatic Transmission and Transfer Case Fluid:

Motorcraft Dexron-II XT-2-QDX r/b XT-5-QMC (Mercon V)

Automatic Transmission volume:

4-Speed NPG 435: 7.0 US Pints, or 3.5 US Quarts

4-Speed Warner T-18: 7.0 US Pints, or 3.5 US Quarts

4-Speed Overdrive: 4.5 US Pints

Automatic C-6: 26.8 US Pints

Transfer Case volume:

Warner 1345: 6.5 US pints, or 3.25 Quarts

NP 208: 7.0 US Pints, or 4.5 US Quarts