Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

It

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n91312/Screenshot_20210315-200907_Video_Player.jpg

It must be the camera angle then, because (to me) that left cup isn't even close to seated...

By that photograph you need a joint that is a good 1/2" longer across the caps.

It doesn't matter if the driveshaft and the output yoke are the same, or different.

Each one gets its own straps or U-bolts.

Each one has a cup diameter and distance across the caps.

There is always a bastard U-joint that fits.

You need a cup diameter.... and a distance between the stops..... for each side of the cross.

Then you go to the Moog, Spicer or Neapco catalog and choose one that fits.

Get fresh U-bolts with locking nuts.

And make sure you don't over tighten them

By that photograph you need a joint that is a good 1/2" longer across the caps.

It doesn't matter if the driveshaft and the output yoke are the same, or different.

Each one gets its own straps or U-bolts.

Each one has a cup diameter and distance across the caps.

There is always a bastard U-joint that fits.

You need a cup diameter.... and a distance between the stops..... for each side of the cross.

Then you go to the Moog, Spicer or Neapco catalog and choose one that fits.

Get fresh U-bolts with locking nuts.

And make sure you don't over tighten them

I mean can I just take this cross out? It's the only thing that was on there when I took it off, lined up perfect with the old yoke. Can I just use straps? That really the problem here not the u joint, is getting it to bolt up.

Screenshot_20210315-170950_Video_Player.jpg.80b0f673ae0078ed1e5fd029cacc016c.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-114338_Chrome.jpg.d76e6494b7ae28d582f209d5f2b1fb32.jpg

I mean can I just take this cross out? It's the only thing that was on there when I took it off, lined up perfect with the old yoke. Can I just use straps? That really the problem here not the u joint, is getting it to bolt up.

"this" is the driveshaft centering ball.

So, again, Im sorry.... the terminology got the better of me. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Does this thread address the same problem as you have?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Is-there-a-Flange-style-yoke-available-for-the-Borg-Warner-1345-transfer-case-tp46343.html

Edit: and the U-joint in that photo is a big problem.

Even seated in the old yoke it is far too short.

"this" is the driveshaft centering ball.

So, again, Im sorry.... the terminology got the better of me. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Does this thread address the same problem as you have?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Is-there-a-Flange-style-yoke-available-for-the-Borg-Warner-1345-transfer-case-tp46343.html

Edit: and the U-joint in that photo is a big problem.

Even seated in the old yoke it is far too short.

Somewhat yes. It seems like I'm looking for the CV yoke pattern for it to bolt up. Seems it is a tad narrower than the normal one which is my problem. I found a pretty cheap transfer case so I'm going to get some measurements of the yoke, they said they would measure it. Thinking about buying it, swapping rear yokes and reselling.

Somewhat yes. It seems like I'm looking for the CV yoke pattern for it to bolt up. Seems it is a tad narrower than the normal one which is my problem. I found a pretty cheap transfer case so I'm going to get some measurements of the yoke, they said they would measure it. Thinking about buying it, swapping rear yokes and reselling.

I'm not sure why you don't just buy the correct yoke outright?

Is it worth playing floppy flop to mess with two transfer cases and then have to sell that one on to someone else??

I mean, I get it, $50-80.

But look how poor your old yoke is, where the seal rides.

Are you sure some other (just as old) yoke is going too be in better condition?

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, Neapco, Dennys Driveshaft, Spicer, Torqeking, High Angle Driveshaft, somebody's got to have a yoke with the right spline -and- the right bolt centers.

I'm not sure why you don't just buy the correct yoke outright?

Is it worth playing floppy flop to mess with two transfer cases and then have to sell that one on to someone else??

I mean, I get it, $50-80.

But look how poor your old yoke is, where the seal rides.

Are you sure some other (just as old) yoke is going too be in better condition?

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, Neapco, Dennys Driveshaft, Spicer, Torqeking, High Angle Driveshaft, somebody's got to have a yoke with the right spline -and- the right bolt centers.

I have only found 32 splines. I found a couple 31 splines with the CV spread and the used one was $260 and brand new was $380 I believe. Like I said I can't really find 31s, let alone with the cv spread.

I have only found 32 splines. I found a couple 31 splines with the CV spread and the used one was $260 and brand new was $380 I believe. Like I said I can't really find 31s, let alone with the cv spread.

That money's not right. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Did you look at any of the places I mentioned?

Have you got a driveline shop nearby?

Excelsior Power Transmission near me could weld that up and have it balanced inside an hour.

That money's not right. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Did you look at any of the places I mentioned?

Have you got a driveline shop nearby?

Excelsior Power Transmission near me could weld that up and have it balanced inside an hour.

I've looked at JBG and Neapco. There's no real parts for the BWs. Just bearings, rebuilds, and whole new ones.

Custom Differentials is by me, 1.5-2 hours away. They might have something.

I've looked at JBG and Neapco. There's no real parts for the BWs. Just bearings, rebuilds, and whole new ones.

Custom Differentials is by me, 1.5-2 hours away. They might have something.

Actually call Jeff's and talk to a tech on the phone.

They have run into every driveline problem you can imagine.

I still think there's a 1345 yoke to fit, so you don't have to use a flange

Actually call Jeff's and talk to a tech on the phone.

They have run into every driveline problem you can imagine.

I still think there's a 1345 yoke to fit, so you don't have to use a flange

Called Custom Diffs and he gave me phone numbers to different places all around the country to call and a couple Ford guys he used to get stuff from and they all pretty well laughed when I said 1345 fixed yoke cv. We all talked for a bit but they all said good luck.