Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

I've started soaking bolts down. I remember having to disconnect the rear end and the driveshaft once to get it to move and I dont think it was bad, hopefully these wont be either.

I've also started soaking down bolts in the front end. I'm going to be replacing tie rods, ball joints, coil springs, shocks and gonna try the adjustable camber bushings for/with the new springs.

Snapchat-2070403174.jpg.45a8b5ce34bc9896ec42fccc8575bbbc.jpg

Picked this up today at the junkyard.

Did you get the low fluid warning plug that fits in the opposite side?

It's always nice to have that functioning. :nabble_smiley_good:

I did, grabbed some wire and the connector. Could someone tell which wires get spliced into? Where is the connector for ours and which ones on the new one do I connect?

Along with the other stuff, I'm going to be doing brakes in the front too.

Also I saw one I was originally going to take with an extra port. I'm guessing this was for cruise control?

I did, grabbed some wire and the connector. Could someone tell which wires get spliced into? Where is the connector for ours and which ones on the new one do I connect?

Along with the other stuff, I'm going to be doing brakes in the front too.

Also I saw one I was originally going to take with an extra port. I'm guessing this was for cruise control?

I will take a picture of my '87 EVTM when it's daylight.

The low reservoir switch is analogous to the check spool switch in the multi function valve of a Bullnose era brake system.

And, of course, now you have the residual pressure check valve right at the MC.

Yes, an extra port was likely to serve as safety backup to disengage the speed control.

I will take a picture of my '87 EVTM when it's daylight.

The low reservoir switch is analogous to the check spool switch in the multi function valve of a Bullnose era brake system.

And, of course, now you have the residual pressure check valve right at the MC.

Yes, an extra port was likely to serve as safety backup to disengage the speed control.

Yeah I was just wondering since there were 3 wires on the reservoir. Just switch the lines and that's it? No taking anything else off in the system?

Yeah I was just wondering since there were 3 wires on the reservoir. Just switch the lines and that's it? No taking anything else off in the system?

Didn't take it out but did loosen/check bolts on the transfer case. Most were fairly easy to get off. The only ones I don't know about for sure is the front driveshaft ones since I'll need a wrench, but if theyre anything like the back ones, they'll be good.

How does the speedo cable come off? Does it just pull out? Twist and pull out? I have that bolt/tab off.

Didn't take it out but did loosen/check bolts on the transfer case. Most were fairly easy to get off. The only ones I don't know about for sure is the front driveshaft ones since I'll need a wrench, but if theyre anything like the back ones, they'll be good.

How does the speedo cable come off? Does it just pull out? Twist and pull out? I have that bolt/tab off.

The speedo cable is held into the t-case by one bolt. Pull the bolt and you can pull the cable out of the t-case.

I thought so, just double checking before I go yanking and break something.

Got the driveshafts removed and the speedo cable out. Guess I'll be doing a front U joint for sure as when I took one side off, the cap slid and let some needles out so. Not too upset since who knows how old they are.