Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Was it the 302 or 351 that could have the wrong firing order with a different cam? I thought it was the 302 and you used the 351 firing order.

I can’t remember, did you make sure the distributor is installed properly?

Backfiring and a carb fire could be timing.

It is the 302. The normal 302 and then the 302 H.O. which shared the 351s. I've thought about that before too and switched it. I need to see if the wires are crossed.

1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

The 4-2 and 7-8 wires is the ones to look for since they're right next to each other in the firing order and run on same sides. It actually helped a truck that I'm working on. I'm sure with the hotter spark its a very real possibility as to why there is fire in the carb and with it keep being advanced to make it run with so much fuel.

Making sure we're talking about 360* and not timing marks. On the second very slight bump backwards the rotor started moving so I would say thats good.

Crank timing marks are 360*, but I can't see them and my distributor rotor at the same time.

Where, I can see the breaker bar directly in front of the dizzy.

It is the 302. The normal 302 and then the 302 H.O. which shared the 351s. I've thought about that before too and switched it. I need to see if the wires are crossed.

1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

The 4-2 and 7-8 wires is the ones to look for since they're right next to each other in the firing order and run on same sides. It actually helped a truck that I'm working on. I'm sure with the hotter spark its a very real possibility as to why there is fire in the carb and with it keep being advanced to make it run with so much fuel.

Holley was a no go. I turned the key on to let the pump fill it up and it just started leaking fuel everywhere from it.

Holley was a no go. I turned the key on to let the pump fill it up and it just started leaking fuel everywhere from it.

That's a bummer!

Can you figure out what your fuel pressure is?

Was the Holley blowing fuel out the vent tubes too?

I've got a $7 FPG I sometimes deadhead on the bit of fuel line coming from my filter.

But I've never had an overpressure situation.

I turned the key on to let the pump fill it up ....

Is your pump on constantly with the key in run?

I'm very close to buying a regulator and a gauge so I know that it would always be that pressure and to know what the pressure would be.

It started leaking from the bowls, and I saw some drips from the boosters. It is always on with the key on, but this was me flipping it on and running over to watch it and started leaking less than 10 seconds. Never came out of vent though.

I've also noticed something else that could fueling the vacuum leak too. Where the intake is thin on the sides, the Edelbrock has holes/dimples in the bottom that are the same width almost as the metal on the sides of the intake. I noticed the imprint when I took it off to try the Holley.

I'm very close to buying a regulator and a gauge so I know that it would always be that pressure and to know what the pressure would be.

It started leaking from the bowls, and I saw some drips from the boosters. It is always on with the key on, but this was me flipping it on and running over to watch it and started leaking less than 10 seconds. Never came out of vent though.

I've also noticed something else that could fueling the vacuum leak too. Where the intake is thin on the sides, the Edelbrock has holes/dimples in the bottom that are the same width almost as the metal on the sides of the intake. I noticed the imprint when I took it off to try the Holley.

The bowls I could understand if the gaskets are bad, but if the boosters are spewing, the float valves aren't seating or the pressure is too high.

I would buy a carb spacer that seals before I bought a regulator.

I think I'd also figure out a way to 'safe' my pump, if I were you.

You can probably take the fuselink from (I) and hold it to the hot side of the starter relay to get the pump to run while you're under the hood.

But I have no idea of the wiring of an '82 5.0l Bronco.

The bowls I could understand if the gaskets are bad, but if the boosters are spewing, the float valves aren't seating or the pressure is too high.

I would buy a carb spacer that seals before I bought a regulator.

I think I'd also figure out a way to 'safe' my pump, if I were you.

You can probably take the fuselink from (I) and hold it to the hot side of the starter relay to get the pump to run while you're under the hood.

But I have no idea of the wiring of an '82 5.0l Bronco.

716qG0tfPdL.jpg.24dbd2aba87c48dd45738a38cb39cf84.jpg

edl-2121_nt_xl.jpg.e3b500bdf5a701c5a15af302a7ea7496.jpg

The holes I'm talking about are near the middle bottom, near the secondaries. They're about the same width from as the intake. I might put that metal plate back in that Edelbrock said to take out and get a regulator that they said would be fine too..

Thats 2 carbs it has come out of the boosters. Just a drip here or there. Thought I took care of the Edelbrocks with the float level being a bit off but it was still clearly getting way too much fuel

The holes I'm talking about are near the middle bottom, near the secondaries. They're about the same width from as the intake. I might put that metal plate back in that Edelbrock said to take out and get a regulator that they said would be fine too..

Thats 2 carbs it has come out of the boosters. Just a drip here or there. Thought I took care of the Edelbrocks with the float level being a bit off but it was still clearly getting way too much fuel

If you cleaned the seats and set the floats correctly the only answer is too much fuel pressure.

I'd still get a spacer to get that carb away from the thin walls of the intake.

Glad I didn't have a situation like that with my AVS.

If you cleaned the seats and set the floats correctly the only answer is too much fuel pressure.

I'd still get a spacer to get that carb away from the thin walls of the intake.

Glad I didn't have a situation like that with my AVS.

Yeah I'll throw that thin one on again tomorrow or Saturday and try again. Idk why this intake has such thin sides.