Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

It never tore, just replaced it just to double check as I had a kit around.

It pops here and there at first and wants too and I think that it would idle very very low (low enough to go for a couple a seconds but die) but it just stops after the starter isn't spinning it.

I ordered some fittings for the Holley that came with the other truck and gonna throw that on there and see.

It never tore, just replaced it just to double check as I had a kit around.

It pops here and there at first and wants too and I think that it would idle very very low (low enough to go for a couple a seconds but die) but it just stops after the starter isn't spinning it.

If there's a gas puddle I'm assuming your accelerator pump is working and the choke is closing.

I just replaced my accelerator pump the other day and it came with the hole too small for the S-link.

I had to drill it out.

IMG_20210108_102158.thumb.jpg.1896f1dad6cf0eaf775f7e5536572ede.jpg

IMG_20210108_114712.thumb.jpg.d336866b9676df2a5affdec6eb17788c.jpg

And I had to buy a 5-pack of gaskets because no one sold them individually.

If there's a gas puddle I'm assuming your accelerator pump is working and the choke is closing.

I just replaced my accelerator pump the other day and it came with the hole too small for the S-link.

I had to drill it out.

And I had to buy a 5-pack of gaskets because no one sold them individually.

Yeah I made sure to look that the pump is actually squirting in there. I disconnected the linkage to the choke to try and put it in closed, open, half. Didn't really make a difference any way

Yeah I made sure to look that the pump is actually squirting in there. I disconnected the linkage to the choke to try and put it in closed, open, half. Didn't really make a difference any way

If there's fuel sitting in the intake manifold something is wrong (unless you were pumping like crazy)

A properly set up carburetor should only need one pump to set the choke in most seasons, and maybe 2-3 in the dead of winter.

Flooding like that would indicate a stuck float (or maybe a blown powervalve in a Holley)

If the plugs are wet you might try cranking with the pedal held 3/4 of the way to the floor to help them dry out.

If there's fuel sitting in the intake manifold something is wrong (unless you were pumping like crazy)

A properly set up carburetor should only need one pump to set the choke in most seasons, and maybe 2-3 in the dead of winter.

Flooding like that would indicate a stuck float (or maybe a blown powervalve in a Holley)

If the plugs are wet you might try cranking with the pedal held 3/4 of the way to the floor to help them dry out.

I just tried to crank and it kept going so I slowly moved it til it was floored and nothing.

Other news, I literally just tried again and it seemed a bit harder and actually did a few more pops after the starter.. Im wondering if maybe it isn't the sparkplugs? It started before fine but in gear it would just die and then would take a couple revs before it was smooth, I wonder if it was loaded down with fuel and then made the sparkplugs bad? Idk why it wouldn't start now but just thinking

I just tried to crank and it kept going so I slowly moved it til it was floored and nothing.

Other news, I literally just tried again and it seemed a bit harder and actually did a few more pops after the starter.. Im wondering if maybe it isn't the sparkplugs? It started before fine but in gear it would just die and then would take a couple revs before it was smooth, I wonder if it was loaded down with fuel and then made the sparkplugs bad? Idk why it wouldn't start now but just thinking

If it were me, I would pull at least one plug to see if it's wet or covered in soft black soot.

I'd also eliminate the EGR valve if it's not hooked up.

You can cut a crude block off from scrap steel or just a shim from a tin can and put the valve back on over it.

If it were me, I would pull at least one plug to see if it's wet or covered in soft black soot.

I'd also eliminate the EGR valve if it's not hooked up.

You can cut a crude block off from scrap steel or just a shim from a tin can and put the valve back on over it.

Pulled the front 2 and they're black. Also no EGR with the aftermarket manifold

Pulled the front 2 and they're black. Also no EGR with the aftermarket manifold

Sorry, I must be thinking of someone else who showed an EGR gasket and spacer on a Windsor in the past couple of days.

There's got to be a fueling issue, or my next bet is that it has jumped valve timing...

Next diagnostic, checking for chain slop.

Sorry, I must be thinking of someone else who showed an EGR gasket and spacer on a Windsor in the past couple of days.

There's got to be a fueling issue, or my next bet is that it has jumped valve timing...

Next diagnostic, checking for chain slop.

No real easy way going about that is there?