Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Got the intake to seal with the spacer yesterday. Cleaning the carb and going the check it for it being flat. Hopefully have it all on tomorrow.

I noticed some stuff in the fuel bowls so I got a Motorcraft fuel filter that has 3/8s barbs on it that is 98% @ 8 microns. Im sure it sitting and the bowls getting evaporated some and the condition of the tank didn't help

I noticed some stuff in the fuel bowls so I got a Motorcraft fuel filter that has 3/8s barbs on it that is 98% @ 8 microns. Im sure it sitting and the bowls getting evaporated some and the condition of the tank didn't help

Hopefully that will help. And, hopefully you'll get it all together SOON!

Hopefully that will help. And, hopefully you'll get it all together SOON!

Had some stuff come up at work so I couldn't take off earlier with the extra time I had, then it started misting/light rain and then dark so I didn't finish it all. Got the carb assembled mostly(not any of the few linkages), fuel filters switched (did the 8 micron at the rail, also replaced the one up by the carb with another clear one but one that goes down to 16), and pretty well everything else besides the nuts holding down the carb and those linkages and choke wires.

Had some stuff come up at work so I couldn't take off earlier with the extra time I had, then it started misting/light rain and then dark so I didn't finish it all. Got the carb assembled mostly(not any of the few linkages), fuel filters switched (did the 8 micron at the rail, also replaced the one up by the carb with another clear one but one that goes down to 16), and pretty well everything else besides the nuts holding down the carb and those linkages and choke wires.

It's amazing how much trash can appear out of nowhere.

I was shocked at what I found in my Edelbrock on Christmas, and I know it's had a good filter all along.

I'll admit I don't go crazy about micron ratings, given the trash in mine would have been stopped by a window screen I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm sure you'll have it back together for a test spin, and hopefully your issues will be resolved. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's amazing how much trash can appear out of nowhere.

I was shocked at what I found in my Edelbrock on Christmas, and I know it's had a good filter all along.

I'll admit I don't go crazy about micron ratings, given the trash in mine would have been stopped by a window screen I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm sure you'll have it back together for a test spin, and hopefully your issues will be resolved. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, it really is amazing what seems to get through filters. I've had the accelerator discharge nozzles clog on a 2150, and I was using a good, new paper filter. How can stuff get through paper? :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, take your time and enjoy doing it. It'll be even more special when you get it going.

Got it together just now and had some problems starting and then just wouldn't. Took the carb off and saw fuel in the intake manifold. Gonna check the seats and maybe replace the gasket for the top

Got it together just now and had some problems starting and then just wouldn't. Took the carb off and saw fuel in the intake manifold. Gonna check the seats and maybe replace the gasket for the top

Doubt it is the gasket for the top. What fuel pump are you running? Too much fuel pressure can overcome the floats in an Edelbrock and cause flooding. They recommend no more than something like 5 or 6 psi

Doubt it is the gasket for the top. What fuel pump are you running? Too much fuel pressure can overcome the floats in an Edelbrock and cause flooding. They recommend no more than something like 5 or 6 psi

I'm running the Edelbrock pump which the Edelbrock tech said would be fine but I'm still thinking about getting a regulator anyways because of all this still. Hasn't started since I redid it all

Once you get the gasket on the lid use a crayon or chap stick to wax the gasket.

They won't tear coming off the next time.

I'm surprised your truck wouldn't start.

Did it give a sign of wanting to start?

A pop or chug, or anything??? :nabble_anim_confused:

Once you get the gasket on the lid use a crayon or chap stick to wax the gasket.

They won't tear coming off the next time.

I'm surprised your truck wouldn't start.

Did it give a sign of wanting to start?

A pop or chug, or anything??? :nabble_anim_confused:

It never tore, just replaced it just to double check as I had a kit around.

It pops here and there at first and wants too and I think that it would idle very very low (low enough to go for a couple a seconds but die) but it just stops after the starter isn't spinning it.