Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

No tab?

The rotor button that makes contact with the coil wire, or the finger that touches each terminal?

Not sure what you mean when you say ' the rotor could point anywhere'

The shaft is a D, the rotor only goes on one way....

The tab inside the rotor broke off. The tab that engages the distributor

Still has 0 will to start. The timing light comes on when I crank so I know I have spark. I did a compression test again just to make sure (it still hits lightly every now and then) and it has compression. While I had the spark plugs were out I cleaned them off as they were decently black.. no surprise really with the way I'm having to get it to start/run. Took the carb apart and gonna ultrasonic clean again. Gonna pick up another fuel filter and add one on the frame and maybe replace the one up by the carb. Idk what happened. It was running really good and then as soon as I unplugged the vacuum gauge to put a cap on real quick it just died immediately and thats been that. Hopefully with the cleaning the carb and the spark plugs off I can get it going again.

I'd be looking at how the rotor could break before I touched my carb.

If it dies immediately because of a small vacuum leak something else is amiss.

Truck will usually just idle high if it has a leak.

What was your idle vacuum before you pulled the gauge off?

I'd be looking at how the rotor could break before I touched my carb.

If it dies immediately because of a small vacuum leak something else is amiss.

Truck will usually just idle high if it has a leak.

What was your idle vacuum before you pulled the gauge off?

When I pulled the gauge hose I did hit the distributor a bit.. I was thinking maybe I shifted the base enough while it was over there that it caught and that tab gave.. it was also not as big as the last one so I just thought the bump and a cheap rotor.

Vacuum was around 12 when I pulled. I've also pulled it and capped it before while running with 0 problems.

When I pulled the gauge hose I did hit the distributor a bit.. I was thinking maybe I shifted the base enough while it was over there that it caught and that tab gave.. it was also not as big as the last one so I just thought the bump and a cheap rotor.

Vacuum was around 12 when I pulled. I've also pulled it and capped it before while running with 0 problems.

I'm sure your cam affects vacuum, but 12 at idle, with the throttle closed seems awfully low to me.

I'm sure your cam affects vacuum, but 12 at idle, with the throttle closed seems awfully low to me.

It is.. before the rocker arm coming off happened.. it was at 16-18. I can set the timing up higher to 14* (which I know increases it and the idle), vacuum goes to 24.