Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Redoing the battery cables currently. Should be done today. The cable to the starter had a spot rubbed through and I just put tape on it when I found it. Finally after having the starter just click when trying to start sometimes, I decided to get rid of the horrible ground clamp and redo it all. Went with 2 AWG and it was a debate I had with myself but glad I did. 2 AWG was much bigger than anything there so, glad I didn't spend more for thicker wire. It'll be a big upgrade from a connection stand point and wire thickness.

I got the hole plugged and will probably do the smoke test tomorrow with using duct tape to seal... if the heat isn't too bad when I get off.

Cables are in and done. Looks good and can even hear a difference with the PMGR starter. As for the smoke test still, guess I'm gonna have to get smarter. Still leaking out of the top of the carb when I do it. I tried plastic wrap first and now duct tape..twice.. I'll have to think of something.

Cables are in and done. Looks good and can even hear a difference with the PMGR starter. As for the smoke test still, guess I'm gonna have to get smarter. Still leaking out of the top of the carb when I do it. I tried plastic wrap first and now duct tape..twice.. I'll have to think of something.

Do you have a piece of wood you can use to seal the carb? Drill a hole in it and slip it over the air cleaner stud.

Do you have a piece of wood you can use to seal the carb? Drill a hole in it and slip it over the air cleaner stud.

That is a good idea, Gary. I was going to suggest something plastic, like a coffee can lid or ?

David - The plastic would seal better than wood if it doesn't bend too much.

Uh, plastic wrap with a towel or was of rags over it, so you can press it down into the carb throat.

With a choke horn and bowl vents I don't see how a 'board' or hard rubber mat would come close to sealing anything.

Uh, plastic wrap with a towel or was of rags over it, so you can press it down into the carb throat.

With a choke horn and bowl vents I don't see how a 'board' or hard rubber mat would come close to sealing anything.

The choke has been the biggest pain