Bullnose Forum

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Yeah I thought about putting in a regulator and using that pump. Be quieter and in tank, but probably too much flow for regulator. Just was worried about the gauge. Still may pick it up like I said since I need to swap tanks anyways and thought about the 33 gal. If I could get him down a bit, it would be what the skid plate costs from JBG.

I have a new 38 gallon tank I'll sell you for half the retail price. But I suspect shipping will make it less than a good deal. And, it is the large opening tank, but I have sending units with pumps I'll sell that fit it - again at half retail.

I have a new 38 gallon tank I'll sell you for half the retail price. But I suspect shipping will make it less than a good deal. And, it is the large opening tank, but I have sending units with pumps I'll sell that fit it - again at half retail.

Would my frame even have holes for the skid plate to go in or would I have to drill them?

Yes, I believe it does. I think all the frames had them.

Well I got it today, got it all for $150.

Would there be too much flow/pressure to use a regulator on the factory EFI pump or should I use my small electric one still?

Would there be too much flow/pressure to use a regulator on the factory EFI pump or should I use my small electric one still?

My '95 factory EFI pump put out so much that a single return-style regulator wasn't enough to handle it. So I put a dead-head style regulator after the return style and that combo works very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Took it out on the highway yesterday. Seemed to do alright and got up to 64mph according to my GPS app. Does the C6 need linkages to downshift? It shifted up just fine. Think I'm going to get the new tank and stuff in and get a pressure regulator. Even though when I called and asked about the fuel pump, I was going through stuff last night and found the instructions with it. It says the pump is regulated in no way and should be.

Also does 15-16" sound good with the 268H cam? It sounds good and runs decent but it barely idles in gear.

Took it out on the highway yesterday. Seemed to do alright and got up to 64mph according to my GPS app. Does the C6 need linkages to downshift? It shifted up just fine. Think I'm going to get the new tank and stuff in and get a pressure regulator. Even though when I called and asked about the fuel pump, I was going through stuff last night and found the instructions with it. It says the pump is regulated in no way and should be.

Also does 15-16" sound good with the 268H cam? It sounds good and runs decent but it barely idles in gear.

It doesn't "need"

But the vacuum modulator won't force it into a lower gear like the kickdown linkage will.

Do you have ported or manifold vacuum to your distributor advance?

It doesn't "need"

But the vacuum modulator won't force it into a lower gear like the kickdown linkage will.

Do you have ported or manifold vacuum to your distributor advance?

Should be on ported as I have the vacuum gauge on the other front port on the carb.

Should be on ported as I have the vacuum gauge on the other front port on the carb.

Can the gear ratio be decoded from the VIN? It's just raining at the moment so I don't want to get underneath it. I went and looked for the sticker real quick and there's very little of it left. Just a couple specks. I put the rear end up real quick before it really started coming down and tried to count the amount of turns the driveshaft did but don't think that's right, unless it would be half, then it would be 3.

Can the gear ratio be decoded from the VIN? It's just raining at the moment so I don't want to get underneath it. I went and looked for the sticker real quick and there's very little of it left. Just a couple specks. I put the rear end up real quick before it really started coming down and tried to count the amount of turns the driveshaft did but don't think that's right, unless it would be half, then it would be 3.

Sticker???

You mean the metal tag attached to the one stud in the front or rear end?