Bullnose Forum

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Indeed there is!

Did you toss yours out with the old engine?

I've never had one, theres only been the small ones on the motors (besides the 91 F150 one). Looks like I may go to the pick n pull tomorrow. They only have 1 truck up there thats a bullnose, but I cant imagine anyone else would take it

I've never had one, theres only been the small ones on the motors (besides the 91 F150 one). Looks like I may go to the pick n pull tomorrow. They only have 1 truck up there thats a bullnose, but I cant imagine anyone else would take it

Something like this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362803865061

Or just the regular hex stock Ford ones found on Windsors.

Theres a 86 and 79 with Windsors up there. Hopefully either of those will have it, if not oh well. I know the aftermarket has me.

What are people doing for throttle brackets? Mine kinda sticks, hits the choke linkage, and idles high. It won't rest on the idle screw unless I bring it forward. I also have a second spring on the carb too.

What are people doing for throttle brackets? Mine kinda sticks, hits the choke linkage, and idles high. It won't rest on the idle screw unless I bring it forward. I also have a second spring on the carb too.

Do you have some odd aftermarket intake?

Are you sure the cable is sitting tight at the pedal end?

That just sounds weird to me

Edelbrock carb and intake

The issue is that aftermarket intakes frequently relocate the carb a bit from factory, usually backwards. So the factory throttle bracket doesn't work. What I've done is to cut the bracket basically in half, weld a piece of strap to one side, bolt it on, and slide the other side around until it is lined up right and there is just a tiny bit of slack in the throttle. Use vice grips to hold it there, pull it off, and weld it up.

Some place I have pictures of that if you need them.

The issue is that aftermarket intakes frequently relocate the carb a bit from factory, usually backwards. So the factory throttle bracket doesn't work. What I've done is to cut the bracket basically in half, weld a piece of strap to one side, bolt it on, and slide the other side around until it is lined up right and there is just a tiny bit of slack in the throttle. Use vice grips to hold it there, pull it off, and weld it up.

Some place I have pictures of that if you need them.

Idk what bracket I have, it something from O Reillys I believe. I think I may still have the factory one/whatever came with the other motor.

Idk what bracket I have, it something from O Reillys I believe. I think I may still have the factory one/whatever came with the other motor.

Hmmm

I got away with using the Edelbrock supplied risers and just a touch of slotting the bolt holes of the factory bracket, I believe.

Performer intake, 650 AVS carb