Bullnose Forums

Newbie from Fenton Mich

Hello everyone. I'm a 58 year old mechanic. Who lives near Fenton Michigan. I worked on these babies when they were new.

My little truck is an F350 Ranger Lariat Supercab 4x2. We can just consider me the 2nd owner. The actual second did nothing but transport it to Mich so I could buy it. It needed serious lovin'. The motor in it had 30k on the reman and the trans had 2k. When the true second owners wife saw the old, dirty, smelly truck it had to go. So now it has a happy home.

New steering system, new brake system, new ignition system, revamped interior with 6 speaker stereo, hand made fully custom console, aux lights, tires/ wheels, led headlights, and NUMEROUS wiring repairs later she's much better now. Oh almost forgot the rear seat delete and a tool box taking its place, correct carb.

It's still a work in progress. With only 30k on the 400 reman, I see no reason to replace it.......yet.😉

This baby will still be a working truck. Although it will be selective work. Like hauling my '86 SVO Mustang with only 43k miles on it.(I'm 3rd owner). Or occasional landscape needs. Happy to be here amongst like minded fools willing to spend a fortune on "an old truck".

Welcome. Gearhead! Glad you joined. And, glad you posted your intro, and I assume you also read the guidelines. You've now been promoted to Member and can post anywhere. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Fenton, Michigan? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if you'd like.

I hope you'll start a thread on your truck and share lots of pics with us. The 400 is my favorite engine and I'd like to see what you have.

Last, you are right - like minded fools. :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome. Gearhead! Glad you joined. And, glad you posted your intro, and I assume you also read the guidelines. You've now been promoted to Member and can post anywhere. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Fenton, Michigan? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if you'd like.

I hope you'll start a thread on your truck and share lots of pics with us. The 400 is my favorite engine and I'd like to see what you have.

I forgot. You are the second person to successfully navigate the new joining process. Would you mind sharing your experience? We are seeking to make it easy and yet keep us free from spammers.

Go ahead and add me to the map. While your favorite may be the 400, mine is the storied FE. At one time I had a 75 Highboy 390 police interceptor, np435, set up as a dually. Yes I am definitely a gearhead.

Go ahead and add me to the map. While your favorite may be the 400, mine is the storied FE. At one time I had a 75 Highboy 390 police interceptor, np435, set up as a dually. Yes I am definitely a gearhead.

You are on the map.

A 400 FE? Cool!

You are on the map.

A 400 FE? Cool!

20200513_220104.jpg.4bbc87bf608ab714fabc77cac0e2308a.jpg

Since I've figured out the picture thing. New LED Headlamps, LED Light bar, new grille (NPD excellent quality for an unlicensed reman)

New bezels, and a polished up 40 year old chrome bumper.

20200511_180902.jpg.923efc9cc01e8b2283b4281b6413ec38.jpg

It was originally purchased in Louisiana then went to Florida, I've got some of the paper work.Lived there until 2015 when the original owner passed and family sold the truck, I have some paper work. Then it was purchased and brought to Michigan, I have some paperwork. I got it late in 2016. The original owner fell in love with silicon adhesive sealant. ANYTHING that rattled or squeaked ANYWHERE on the truck got siliconed. The interior was smelly, filthy, faded, stained. That was the biggest reason the guy who brought it up HAD to get rid of it, according to the wife. 3 years and plenty of man hours later, she ain't no smelly old truck.

Since I've figured out the picture thing. New LED Headlamps, LED Light bar, new grille (NPD excellent quality for an unlicensed reman)

New bezels, and a polished up 40 year old chrome bumper.

It was originally purchased in Louisiana then went to Florida, I've got some of the paper work.Lived there until 2015 when the original owner passed and family sold the truck, I have some paper work. Then it was purchased and brought to Michigan, I have some paperwork. I got it late in 2016. The original owner fell in love with silicon adhesive sealant. ANYTHING that rattled or squeaked ANYWHERE on the truck got siliconed. The interior was smelly, filthy, faded, stained. That was the biggest reason the guy who brought it up HAD to get rid of it, according to the wife. 3 years and plenty of man hours later, she ain't no smelly old truck.

I have no idea why that pic comes out upside down or how to fix it. I guess in the end I need a new pic

I have no idea why that pic comes out upside down or how to fix it. I guess in the end I need a new pic

You need to open it in some kind of photo editor.

This forum doesn't read the metadata, so it just 'assumes' it's right.

There's a tutorial here on the forum.