Bullnose Forums

Radio goes out when lights turned on

I "assumed" it meant the ground wire went to the frame of the dash, which we've established recently is supposed to be ground. But that arrangement doesn't fit with the symptoms. Yours does.

I'm anxious to see what he finds.

The idea about the ground made me look further as to where the “ground” really went. The wire went into a bundle of wires behind the a/c controls. No idea where it went to after that without taking the dash apart, was not going to get into that today so I cut it, added a loop connector and the connector to a known good ground. And that fixed the problem. I really don’t know why I did not look at that before, I have had other issues that ended up being the ground.

Thanks for the help

The next project is to replace the spindle bearings on the right side and repacked the hub bearings both sides.

The idea about the ground made me look further as to where the “ground” really went. The wire went into a bundle of wires behind the a/c controls. No idea where it went to after that without taking the dash apart, was not going to get into that today so I cut it, added a loop connector and the connector to a known good ground. And that fixed the problem. I really don’t know why I did not look at that before, I have had other issues that ended up being the ground.

Thanks for the help

The next project is to replace the spindle bearings on the right side and repacked the hub bearings both sides.

I'm really glad it was such an easy fix! :nabble_anim_jump:

It was the only thing that made sense to me.

Now you (and your son) can enjoy the radio day and night.