Bullnose Forums

F350 exhaust

For an F350, 460/C6, 2wd SRW, is there any difference in the exhaust, (routing, pipe size, mounting points) between it and a similar F250? I want to replace the exhaust on my truck, and I find a few bolt on (i don't weld) kits for similar F250's but nothing for F350"s. LMC has a bolt on one for the F250....Anyone know any other retailers selling a kit that might work? Thanks to all :nabble_anim_jump:

There were no differences I know of, as long as the wheelbase is the same.

460's had dual 2 1/2" head pipes all the way to the muffler, with a single flange.

Single outlet

Then a one piece tailpipe.

There was a wrap hanger on the oval muffler.

A stay to the right hand head pipe from the inside of the frame rail under the passenger.

A spring mount to the tailpipe behind the muffler

And a peg like hanger rod behind the rear wheel.

Try to avoid crinkle bends like Walker. They cause turbulence and rust out fast.

I made my own from the head pipe flange back.

Using a 14Ga. welded school bus muffler and a stainless Magnaflow tailpipe.

There were no differences I know of, as long as the wheelbase is the same.

460's had dual 2 1/2" head pipes all the way to the muffler, with a single flange.

Single outlet

Then a one piece tailpipe.

There was a wrap hanger on the oval muffler.

A stay to the right hand head pipe from the inside of the frame rail under the passenger.

A spring mount to the tailpipe behind the muffler

And a peg like hanger rod behind the rear wheel.

Try to avoid crinkle bends like Walker. They cause turbulence and rust out fast.

I made my own from the head pipe flange back.

Using a 14Ga. welded school bus muffler and a stainless Magnaflow tailpipe.

Jim, the 1983 and early 1984 460s had a single pipe from the Y to the muffler, it was a mid 1984 change to the dual pipes. The other item, the basic system is for a 133" wheelbase, 155" uses a 22" extension section and 168" a 35" extension section.

Jim, the 1983 and early 1984 460s had a single pipe from the Y to the muffler, it was a mid 1984 change to the dual pipes. The other item, the basic system is for a 133" wheelbase, 155" uses a 22" extension section and 168" a 35" extension section.

yeah it is a single pipe from the Y to the muffler

48-5513

For EFI Trucks that had a cat.

'87-'96 manufacture date.

I don't think the early truck head pipe is going to end anywhere near where that one starts.

But a good muffler shop could make up a bend for you.

Just don't let them weld it in.

That's always a nightmare!

It's also backordered...

For EFI Trucks that had a cat.

'87-'96 manufacture date.

I don't think the early truck head pipe is going to end anywhere near where that one starts.

But a good muffler shop could make up a bend for you.

Just don't let them weld it in.

That's always a nightmare!

It's also backordered...

Oops, yup I missed that the year was 87 and up. Time to whip out the readers lol.

Question remains, anyone know of a kit to fit this truck?

Oops, yup I missed that the year was 87 and up. Time to whip out the readers lol.

The thread title is "F350 exhaust"

Where do you want to start the system?

What kind of muffler do you want?

Are you set on rear exit duals?

Because you can't get true duals without going to the later head pipes.

I understand that you have no way to weld it yourself.

But plenty of pipes can be clamped or flanged together.

Bad thing is, I think I still have the original head pipes off Darth the connection to the muffler or extension was cut off years ago, the EFI/E4OD head pipe assembly is way longer, runs back behind the transmission crossmember.

Best source I have found to at least get an idea is Walker's on-line catalog. Even if you don't buy their parts it gives you a good picture of the system.