Bullnose Forums

bed bolts

snakebite8

You can't turn the bolt.

What good would it do to have Torx?

Then you just need a longer extension :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yeah, I mean to hold them in order to prevent enlarging the holes in the bed and causing the OE bolts to spin. When taking mine out (even though it was a pnw truck) we welded nuts to the heads after they indicated they weren't coming out without a fight.

Enough years in the rust belt and even the torx won't likely help but wouldn't hurt.

Then you just need a longer extension :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yeah, I mean to hold them in order to prevent enlarging the holes in the bed and causing the OE bolts to spin. When taking mine out (even though it was a pnw truck) we welded nuts to the heads after they indicated they weren't coming out without a fight.

Enough years in the rust belt and even the torx won't likely help but wouldn't hurt.

A bigger breaker bar, or cheater pipe????

Extension so you can stand up in the bed and try to hold it?

I've simply tack welded them to the bed before.

Doesn't take two people and it doesn't ruin the bolt for reuse.

A bigger breaker bar, or cheater pipe????

Extension so you can stand up in the bed and try to hold it?

I've simply tack welded them to the bed before.

Doesn't take two people and it doesn't ruin the bolt for reuse.

Cheater bar but was just joking about that implying that you can make anything turn with enough leverage.

On the bed bolts I removed, the threads above the nuts were gone via rust so there was no point saving them.

I was just saying that with the torx, people might have better luck in avoiding the tear out or having to weld anything. I've seen later year replacements that have either torx or allen in them.

All for naught though as no one makes them with the oe shoulders so chalk it up to just wishful thinking.

Cheater bar but was just joking about that implying that you can make anything turn with enough leverage.

On the bed bolts I removed, the threads above the nuts were gone via rust so there was no point saving them.

I was just saying that with the torx, people might have better luck in avoiding the tear out or having to weld anything. I've seen later year replacements that have either torx or allen in them.

All for naught though as no one makes them with the oe shoulders so chalk it up to just wishful thinking.

"Give me a long enough lever and a place to rest it, and I will move the Earth"

Like I said, just weld some ridges on the shanks of a regular bolt. (with or without Torx)

It works for me!

• 2 weeks later...

"Give me a long enough lever and a place to rest it, and I will move the Earth"

Like I said, just weld some ridges on the shanks of a regular bolt. (with or without Torx)

It works for me!

does anyone have the lengths on the bolts? lmc is all back ordered