Bullnose Forums

bed bolts

snakebite8

I just bought carriage bolts and built up some bead to make them oval under the head.

I'm not paying that kind of money.

Besides, I have stainless flux core wire, and the stainless bolts aren't going to rust solid or the nuts lose their shape anytime soon.

thank u

I got mine off ebay (so hit and miss) in the original sealed Ford bags for about 60 total (6 bolts) after watching for awhile. All that to say that they are out there but depends upon how soon you need them and if you can wait for a deal on them.

Here are the numbers if you want to add them to your watchlist:

N803020-S40

N803022-S40

n803023-S40

There are a few of them available now although prices are a tad steep on some of them. Check to see if the buyers are the same on them as that will help with shipping if you go that route.

I got mine off ebay (so hit and miss) in the original sealed Ford bags for about 60 total (6 bolts) after watching for awhile. All that to say that they are out there but depends upon how soon you need them and if you can wait for a deal on them.

Here are the numbers if you want to add them to your watchlist:

N803020-S40

N803022-S40

n803023-S40

There are a few of them available now although prices are a tad steep on some of them. Check to see if the buyers are the same on them as that will help with shipping if you go that route.

At least a Shortbed has one less crossmember to deal with! :nabble_smiley_good: