Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

Any thoughts on how you are going to run the wiring along the hood? You could pot some zip tie mounts probably on there, and if you ever did the ABS thing under the hood you could mount to that and hide the wires behind it.

I'm probably going to run the wiring inside the hood ribs, like I have it now.

I think 1 meter ... 39 3/8~" will allow for that to a somewhat centralized switch, or the mercury bulb I already have.

I'm probably going to run the wiring inside the hood ribs, like I have it now.

I think 1 meter ... 39 3/8~" will allow for that to a somewhat centralized switch, or the mercury bulb I already have.

Well, I just got told by Amazon that they can't get the LED strips that were "in stock, Prime" when I ordered them. 😡

But I did get a plug from Gary and intend to wire up my switch this afternoon, if the rain stops.

Well, I just got told by Amazon that they can't get the LED strips that were "in stock, Prime" when I ordered them. 😡

But I did get a plug from Gary and intend to wire up my switch this afternoon, if the rain stops.

That's a bummer. Hope you get the switch wired up, but what the plan now, Stan?

That's a bummer. Hope you get the switch wired up, but what the plan now, Stan?

I have an LED version of an 1156 in the socket now.

It works well enough, and I very rarely use it.

I can wait.

I also need to weigh the idea of using a mercury switch.

I do have the bulbs, but wonder if they ever flash the lights going over bumps and such.

There's plenty of other projects for Li'l Red.

Like cab mounts, new insulation and a rubber mat, replacing the lower right bed corner, rebuilding the front end, finding a door that isn't rotted out, then painting the rest of the truck (from the fenders back)

Keeping junk alive is a full time task and I find it really hard to be motivated.

I have an LED version of an 1156 in the socket now.

It works well enough, and I very rarely use it.

I can wait.

I also need to weigh the idea of using a mercury switch.

I do have the bulbs, but wonder if they ever flash the lights going over bumps and such.

There's plenty of other projects for Li'l Red.

Like cab mounts, new insulation and a rubber mat, replacing the lower right bed corner, rebuilding the front end, finding a door that isn't rotted out, then painting the rest of the truck (from the fenders back)

Keeping junk alive is a full time task and I find it really hard to be motivated.

But you were motivated on the LED strips, so it is a shame that can't continue.

Dane, that Braun worklite is on sale for $27....

https://flyer.harborfreight.com/june-2020-ad/page/1

Good price.

I was looking at their Icon metric wrenches last night. Need some good ones, but can’t really justify Snap-On’s. Although I am considering them.

Best price I found.

https://www.shamrocksupply.com/itemDetailFilterPH.action?RFP=SP&kwd=DRI&IDP=Y&codeId=20963052

Good price.

I was looking at their Icon metric wrenches last night. Need some good ones, but can’t really justify Snap-On’s. Although I am considering them.

Best price I found.

https://www.shamrocksupply.com/itemDetailFilterPH.action?RFP=SP&kwd=DRI&IDP=Y&codeId=20963052

$12 off 39 is substantial.

Dane,

For wrenches go to the Cripe Distributing site.

They have DEEP discounts on brands like Wright, Proto, Gearwrench, NAPA, Allen, etc..

I haven't seen Snap-Off there, and doubt I will.

But Cripe will combine shipping on orders and save you money, just like Tabco does with body panels.

They're in Boise and great people!

$12 off 39 is substantial.

Dane,

For wrenches go to the Cripe Distributing site.

They have DEEP discounts on brands like Wright, Proto, Gearwrench, NAPA, Allen, etc..

I haven't seen Snap-Off there, and doubt I will.

But Cripe will combine shipping on orders and save you money, just like Tabco does with body panels.

They're in Boise and great people!

Unless you're really set on Snap-On check these guys out:

https://cripedistributing.com/

I have a few Snap-On/BluePoint tools, but I don't see the value and I'd rather buy American at their prices.