Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

So, your post from 3:10 is the mate?

Ahhh, I SO wish we had post counts on this forum..

Yes, my post from 2:10 CDT/3:10 EDT is the connector that will plug into the connector on the right in the post of 2:34/3:34, which is the one on BB.

And I have a plug just like the one in 2:10/3:10's post, albeit for another purpose, in a scrap harness that I've been cutting parts off of. I'll send you that one.

Yes, my post from 2:10 CDT/3:10 EDT is the connector that will plug into the connector on the right in the post of 2:34/3:34, which is the one on BB.

And I have a plug just like the one in 2:10/3:10's post, albeit for another purpose, in a scrap harness that I've been cutting parts off of. I'll send you that one.

Never let it be said that this forum isn't led by example!

Gary, you are a gracious and generous man.

Thank you for all you do here, and in your 'real' life. :nabble_anim_claps: o

Thanks, Jim. :nabble_smiley_blush:

The connector and wire on the left will go out Tuesday. The one on the right is a factory wire from the connector on the firewall to the passenger's side where the light goes. And, I checked - the connector plugs into Big Blue.

Anything else? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jims_Connector_vs_Original_Underhood_Connector.thumb.jpg.5b2bb0550d761514ec2a8c9d63ed0b72.jpg

I agree with Jim in that if you change to led there won't be a concern with power usage or heat. If you do want to add a switch I wouldn't mess with the internal switch or the ground but just add one inline with the connector by the brake booster.

If the hood is up the internal switch will be making contact anyways so no point removing it.

Hi Kramttocs, Doing the under hood lite wiring your way makes more sense. Dan

Let's compare. The one on the right is the power connector to the underhood light on BB. Looks like a match to me.

So, what does that say? :nabble_anim_confused:

My 1990 F350 cab had the bricknose style underhood light, that I still have, and it uses the same connector as the 80-86 reel lights. So the connector Jim has found, is the correct one for the underhood light.

I'm excited to see how this turns out for you Jim. One across the top and two down each side by the hinge sounds like a good idea, will give some light directed at the top and sides of the engine bay.

I'm excited to see how this turns out for you Jim. One across the top and two down each side by the hinge sounds like a good idea, will give some light directed at the top and sides of the engine bay.

I'm waiting on Amazon.

They've been slow lately.

I'm waiting on Amazon.

They've been slow lately.

Any thoughts on how you are going to run the wiring along the hood? You could pot some zip tie mounts probably on there, and if you ever did the ABS thing under the hood you could mount to that and hide the wires behind it.

Any thoughts on how you are going to run the wiring along the hood? You could pot some zip tie mounts probably on there, and if you ever did the ABS thing under the hood you could mount to that and hide the wires behind it.

Something like this maybe

zipone.png.1a2be068c0c02a1df2788aadca88e0d9.png

Or this kind

zip2.png.7c9160ed0547289bccdb7484addc1a3a.png

They have their own adhesive, but I would still pot them myself just like the strips with something like a polysulfide or rtv or epoxy