Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

I ordered four 300mm sections of 12V 6k LED tape light with 1m tails from Amazon this morning.

I'm thinking 2 across the front of the hood and 1 by the hinge on each side.

I guess ill figure it out when they get here.

I like that approach. Gotta see how it works. Could easily wire that into the mercury switch in the underhood light and power all of them.

I ordered four 300mm sections of 12V 6k LED tape light with 1m tails from Amazon this morning.

I'm thinking 2 across the front of the hood and 1 by the hinge on each side.

I guess ill figure it out when they get here.

I like that approach. Gotta see how it works. Could easily wire that into the mercury switch in the underhood light and power all of them.

I don't own an underhood light, but a do have a few Honeywell thermostats...

I'm going to change my power source and use the provided power supply IF I can find a plug to match that socket.

I don't own an underhood light, but a do have a few Honeywell thermostats...

I'm going to change my power source and use the provided power supply IF I can find a plug to match that socket.

So the lights will come on at a preset temp? :nabble_smiley_evil:

No, I get it. Mercury switch in a Ford. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll get you a pic tomorrow of the one on BB, and then see if I have an extra mate to it in the harnii I have.

Thank you Gary!

I would have thought it's like the AC clutch/Stator connector, but I really haven't looked too close.

Those are available.

Thank you Gary!

I would have thought it's like the AC clutch/Stator connector, but I really haven't looked too close.

Those are available.

And if Gary doesn't I know I do. Had it in my hand tonight while going through my box of spare wiring/connectors.

And if Gary doesn't I know I do. Had it in my hand tonight while going through my box of spare wiring/connectors.

Thanks Scott!

I've got some time to figure it out.

Even Prime, things are looking like they are a week out due to the Covid.

Thanks Scott!

I've got some time to figure it out.

Even Prime, things are looking like they are a week out due to the Covid.

Jim - Bad news. I have an extra one of the cross-hood cables with the right connectors. But, it is mated to an underhood light, and I don't want to part them. So, I'm going to send you both. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Having said that, the lens has gotten toasty at some point, and the wires coming out of the box are ..... OLD. Hard. Breaking. So the light needs to be gone through, cleaned, and re-wired.

Can send it one box w/the other thing if you want.

Jim - Bad news. I have an extra one of the cross-hood cables with the right connectors. But, it is mated to an underhood light, and I don't want to part them. So, I'm going to send you both. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Having said that, the lens has gotten toasty at some point, and the wires coming out of the box are ..... OLD. Hard. Breaking. So the light needs to be gone through, cleaned, and re-wired.

Can send it one box w/the other thing if you want.

Gary, please no.

I have LED's coming, I just need to know the plug.

Is it the same as a 3G stator, or a AC clutch?