Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

I am sure I'd somehow drill up and miss the stake pocket so coming from the taillights is promising. I am sold. After seeing how bright your hood lights are I agree that just the back half would be plenty. But if that's plenty then having them full length is even 'more plenty'! (Insert Tim the Toolman grunt)

I agree that coming up through the taillight would be the way to go. And it looks to me like it would be easy to run wires along the inside of the "gunnel" w/o them being seen, so you should be able to get to the front half of the bed, making it even better!

Unfortunately, I realized today that BB has a bed liner and there's no access to that portion of the bed. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I agree that coming up through the taillight would be the way to go. And it looks to me like it would be easy to run wires along the inside of the "gunnel" w/o them being seen, so you should be able to get to the front half of the bed, making it even better!

Unfortunately, I realized today that BB has a bed liner and there's no access to that portion of the bed. :nabble_smiley_sad:

You wouldn't need wires.

You can get this stuff on a roll and cut to length.

Power and termination caps fit right on.

Just go the whole length...

Where I screwed up removing the two, I taped them side by side upside down and ran that red double sided tape over them.

Untaped them from the bench, flipped them over and slit the 3/4" tape apart.

These strip lights are 10mm wide.

A 5M roll would do both sides.

You wouldn't need wires.

You can get this stuff on a roll and cut to length.

Power and termination caps fit right on.

Just go the whole length...

Where I screwed up removing the two, I taped them side by side upside down and ran that red double sided tape over them.

Untaped them from the bench, flipped them over and slit the 3/4" tape apart.

These strip lights are 10mm wide.

A 5M roll would do both sides.

Jim - Do you have a recommendation for a source for the roll and the end caps?

Cool! A roll that can be cut to length. And connectors that fit right on. :nabble_smiley_good:

But do those LEDs have the same intensity as yours? This roll has 5000 lumens and the roll is 16.4' long, which puts it at 305 lumens/foot. Or, looking at it another way, each of the 600 LEDs put out 8.33 lumens. Does that match yours?

Cool! A roll that can be cut to length. And connectors that fit right on. :nabble_smiley_good:

But do those LEDs have the same intensity as yours? This roll has 5000 lumens and the roll is 16.4' long, which puts it at 305 lumens/foot. Or, looking at it another way, each of the 600 LEDs put out 8.33 lumens. Does that match yours?

This is the way most come these days.

Though you can buy cut to length like I did.

I will have to check my listing.

Some are shown as high density, with more LED's per length.

But I didn't look for the really bright ones, just white and Prime.

This is the way most come these days.

Though you can buy cut to length like I did.

I will have to check my listing.

Some are shown as high density, with more LED's per length.

But I didn't look for the really bright ones, just white and Prime.

Mine are 6-6.5k (daylight, not cool white) and 1.5 W per 30 cm length.

No claims to lumens are made in the listing.

Mine are 6-6.5k (daylight, not cool white) and 1.5 W per 30 cm length.

No claims to lumens are made in the listing.

The specs on the ones in that link say the whole roll pulls 44 watts, and that's for 5 meters which is 500 cm. 500 cm is 16.67 longer than 30 cm, so 16.67 x 1.5 w = 25 watts. And 25/44 = 57%. IOW, I think yours pull roughly 1/2 the current that the ones in the link pull.

So, are there different efficiencies in LEDs?