Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

You could, but that would necessitate a connection between cab and bed.

I have small LED flood lights on my rack, and they get power through a waterproof co-axial connector where the bed light (or third brake light) would be.

True. But that connection could be out of the floor or sill area and have a loop and then go up into the bed. Perhaps that is one of the things a switch in a Highliner would be good for.

True. But that connection could be out of the floor or sill area and have a loop and then go up into the bed. Perhaps that is one of the things a switch in a Highliner would be good for.

Sure, why not?

I have a micro toggle in the bezel of my dome light to switch them on and off.

I like the lights in the bed idea.

My cargo light illuminates the top of my big toolbox and the top of the tailgate!

I do too. Can the stake pockets be accessed from underneath as a routing path? I can look later but haven't ever needed to before.

I do too. Can the stake pockets be accessed from underneath as a routing path? I can look later but haven't ever needed to before.

The stake pockets on Dad's truck aren't easily accessible from underneath. In fact, the front one doesn't go to the floor as it is grafted onto the side of the bed.

However, there's a hole on the inside of the front pocket towards the top where wires could come out. And there's a hole on the front of the rear pocket near the top. So it may be possible to drill from underneath into the rear stake pocket and come out that hole near the top. But then you'd have to get through the middle stake pocket.

I wonder if you could get into the middle stake pocket from the bottom and then fan out from there?

I like the lights in the bed idea.

My cargo light illuminates the top of my big toolbox and the top of the tailgate!

Which is why I don't have a cargo light but went with a tiny flood light on each side.

I can see into my Knaack boxes in the winter when it's dark leaving for and coming from work.

The stake pockets on Dad's truck aren't easily accessible from underneath. In fact, the front one doesn't go to the floor as it is grafted onto the side of the bed.

However, there's a hole on the inside of the front pocket towards the top where wires could come out. And there's a hole on the front of the rear pocket near the top. So it may be possible to drill from underneath into the rear stake pocket and come out that hole near the top. But then you'd have to get through the middle stake pocket.

I wonder if you could get into the middle stake pocket from the bottom and then fan out from there?

I think the center pocket is somewhere above the wheel well.

I'd rather go with the loom and come up in the taillights.

There's a clear path, existing mounts and easy access.

Honestly, I think just the section between middle and rear stake pocket would provide plenty of light.

I think the center pocket is somewhere above the wheel well.

I'd rather go with the loom and come up in the taillights.

There's a clear path, existing mounts and easy access.

Honestly, I think just the section between middle and rear stake pocket would provide plenty of light.

I am sure I'd somehow drill up and miss the stake pocket so coming from the taillights is promising. I am sold. After seeing how bright your hood lights are I agree that just the back half would be plenty. But if that's plenty then having them full length is even 'more plenty'! (Insert Tim the Toolman grunt)

I am sure I'd somehow drill up and miss the stake pocket so coming from the taillights is promising. I am sold. After seeing how bright your hood lights are I agree that just the back half would be plenty. But if that's plenty then having them full length is even 'more plenty'! (Insert Tim the Toolman grunt)

MOAR POWER! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: