Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

Then what about where the green arrows are? I'm just looking for a way to direct it and keep it out of your eyes.

That's what I'm saying.

But since they're already on, I'm going to try it as soon as I find my bag of waterproof marine switches.

I have a bunch from when I was making control centers for the rocket club.

There was always a lot of dew, even if we didn't have a shower.

That's what I'm saying.

But since they're already on, I'm going to try it as soon as I find my bag of waterproof marine switches.

I have a bunch from when I was making control centers for the rocket club.

There was always a lot of dew, even if we didn't have a shower.

Ok, I moved them...

IMG_20200615_152305.thumb.jpg.5a356a1e43488a8a9ead68ba3046801b.jpg

IMG_20200615_152317.jpg.e401dc76b233b333a57952aaa10a5241.jpg

IMG_20200615_152712.thumb.jpg.adc6a20d95582ea0fbc4c28b4d278bae.jpg

IMG_20200615_192521.jpg.af010910b722a6a9a8350213546d3249.jpg

The draw is so small my inductive ammeter doesn't register.

I guess I'll have to pull the plug Gary so graciously shared with me.

The switch is rated 20A @ 12V so there's no problem there

Ok, I moved them...

The draw is so small my inductive ammeter doesn't register.

I guess I'll have to pull the plug Gary so graciously shared with me.

The switch is rated 20A @ 12V so there's no problem there

That looks PERFECT! Hopefully you'll take a shot tonight in the dark, but I can already see what looks like very even lighting.

And, with that little draw it won't hurt much if you leave it on. But, there will be strange glow under the truck, so it'll be rather obvious. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That looks PERFECT! Hopefully you'll take a shot tonight in the dark, but I can already see what looks like very even lighting.

And, with that little draw it won't hurt much if you leave it on. But, there will be strange glow under the truck, so it'll be rather obvious. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I was working overnight and ended up dragging the F-600 to Stamford.

But I missed on the sale????

It has a new home on a farm.

I may still deal with the owner about the OEM handles.

I was working overnight and ended up dragging the F-600 to Stamford.

But I missed on the sale????

It has a new home on a farm.

I may still deal with the owner about the OEM handles.

Bummer! I thought that was going to be the answer for you.

As for the handles, if you can make a deal easily then great. But if not, don't worry. And thanks either way.

Bummer! I thought that was going to be the answer for you.

As for the handles, if you can make a deal easily then great. But if not, don't worry. And thanks either way.

Yes, bummer

Here in CT you can get 60 day temporary (cardboard) tags in order to get your new vehicle to/from a repair shop and through DMV inspection.

If I had known Big Red was going to be sold on the spot I would have left a deposit and spent my day hustling.

Anyway, I DO have my eyes open (even in the dark)

And now....

IMG_20200616_013647.thumb.jpg.97f174d680813e0ba8925e8996546427.jpg

IMG_20200616_013658.jpg.b3e9de278ba544a4a2e5a5fbf0201d55.jpg

IMG_20200616_013658.jpg.b3e9de278ba544a4a2e5a5fbf0201d55.jpg

IMG_20200616_013741.thumb.jpg.f5b5023594c27e085a8b8eb9b718e95d.jpg

IMG_20200616_013809.thumb.jpg.8b02a37a0ac30f6218a4051684674c43.jpg

Yes, bummer

Here in CT you can get 60 day temporary (cardboard) tags in order to get your new vehicle to/from a repair shop and through DMV inspection.

If I had known Big Red was going to be sold on the spot I would have left a deposit and spent my day hustling.

And now....

Very nice!

Very nice!

Thanks Dane. :nabble_anim_handshake:

While it isn't the underhood work light Scott was originally asking about, it seems he's found a decent LED replacement for the #90 bulb in those. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I have a much superior answer to my old corncob 1156 breakdown lamp.

In relocating the lower strips the double sided tape actually ripped the paint off, so I don't think I have a problem with them coming loose.

Yes, bummer

And now....

Wow! That's good illumination. It appears to be even and thorough. :nabble_anim_claps:

I may well want to do that on Big Blue - after I get a number of other things done and him on the road. And I might put a connector on the side of the underhood light and use its mercury switch to bring both the to-be LED in it as well as those strips on.

I wonder if those strips would work nicely under the "gunnels", if you will, in the bed? The bed light on the back of the cab provides little light, but those strips might be ideal. And I could bring them on with the bed light.

Wow! That's good illumination. It appears to be even and thorough. :nabble_anim_claps:

I may well want to do that on Big Blue - after I get a number of other things done and him on the road. And I might put a connector on the side of the underhood light and use its mercury switch to bring both the to-be LED in it as well as those strips on.

I wonder if those strips would work nicely under the "gunnels", if you will, in the bed? The bed light on the back of the cab provides little light, but those strips might be ideal. And I could bring them on with the bed light.

You could, but that would necessitate a connection between cab and bed.

I have small LED flood lights on my rack, and they get power through a waterproof co-axial connector where the bed light (or third brake light) would be.