Bullnose Forum

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

And, they're here.

I think this is where I'm going with them.

You can see the existing 1156 style LED

The front locations look ideal as they'll shower the whole engine compartment with light. And while your body will block light from some of the LEDs hitting whatever you are working on, light from the others should fill in.

But will the light from the rear strips be right in your eyes? I guess there's no way to know but try them there.

And, remind me of where the switch is going to be? I'm thinking of why you have the wiring pointing in the directions you do. I know you have a plan.....

The front locations look ideal as they'll shower the whole engine compartment with light. And while your body will block light from some of the LEDs hitting whatever you are working on, light from the others should fill in.

But will the light from the rear strips be right in your eyes? I guess there's no way to know but try them there.

And, remind me of where the switch is going to be? I'm thinking of why you have the wiring pointing in the directions you do. I know you have a plan.....

You can see the whole for the existing switch behind the wire, about 4" left of the 1156 LED I have mounted now.

I suppose I could mount the lower LED's right up along the hinges so they are pointing more 'down', but I'll have to see what their spread is.

I've had to do things back by the rear vacuum tree and oil pressure sender, so I want to make sure I have light without having to pull the air cleaner

You can see the whole for the existing switch behind the wire, about 4" left of the 1156 LED I have mounted now.

I suppose I could mount the lower LED's right up along the hinges so they are pointing more 'down', but I'll have to see what their spread is.

I've had to do things back by the rear vacuum tree and oil pressure sender, so I want to make sure I have light without having to pull the air cleaner

I was wondering about placing the lights where the yellow arrows are. Is there a way you can put them in place temporarily to test? Maybe a few magnets?

Jims_Hood__Light_Ideas.jpg.eb70ec1c7a16a16454ed75aa35615c3f.jpg

I was wondering about placing the lights where the yellow arrows are. Is there a way you can put them in place temporarily to test? Maybe a few magnets?

I could certainly do that, but think I'd rather have them on the rearmost pair of diagonals.

I want light back at the firewall.