Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

Which one do you like Jim? 18650 didn’t come up on the HF website.

It has a head that folds front and back 180*

Two light levels and a pinpoint led on the tip.

(At least it doesn't have the seizure provoking flash mode you have to cycle through every time you want to shut it off!)

63958_W3.thumb.jpg.759e1277f516109f83b12c0d79a66370.jpg

Charges with a micro usb.

Cable, but no wallwart included.

It is BRIGHT on high!

Sticks quite well thanks to the large diameter neodymium magnet on its tail.

That looks a great solution!

Maybe I have to rethink replacing the socket.

LED's have come a LONG way since the late '80's when I bought my truck.

Here's my plan: I have 2 or 3 brand new Ford lights, so am I thinking of putting one on each side of the hood. First I will do away with the micro switches and run new grounds and then run them both off a switch on the inside of the drivers fender. What do you guys think?

Here's my plan: I have 2 or 3 brand new Ford lights, so am I thinking of putting one on each side of the hood. First I will do away with the micro switches and run new grounds and then run them both off a switch on the inside of the drivers fender. What do you guys think?

I think that would be slick!

It has a head that folds front and back 180*

Two light levels and a pinpoint led on the tip.

(At least it doesn't have the seizure provoking flash mode you have to cycle through every time you want to shut it off!)

Charges with a micro usb.

Cable, but no wallwart included.

It is BRIGHT on high!

Sticks quite well thanks to the large diameter neodymium magnet on its tail.

Thanks Jim, that looks nice!

I’ve joked that the older I get the better my work light collection gets!

If keeping with the originals what is the gain by getting rid of the internal switches?

Really like that image of the lit up bay and will have to keep an eye out for that HF light.

If keeping with the originals what is the gain by getting rid of the internal switches?

Really like that image of the lit up bay and will have to keep an eye out for that HF light.

My only thought with the switches is that in the day time you will be able to shut them off.

My only thought with the switches is that in the day time you will be able to shut them off.

I agree with Jim in that if you change to led there won't be a concern with power usage or heat. If you do want to add a switch I wouldn't mess with the internal switch or the ground but just add one inline with the connector by the brake booster.

If the hood is up the internal switch will be making contact anyways so no point removing it.

I agree with Jim in that if you change to led there won't be a concern with power usage or heat. If you do want to add a switch I wouldn't mess with the internal switch or the ground but just add one inline with the connector by the brake booster.

If the hood is up the internal switch will be making contact anyways so no point removing it.

I ordered four 300mm sections of 12V 6k LED tape light with 1m tails from Amazon this morning.

I'm thinking 2 across the front of the hood and 1 by the hinge on each side.

I guess ill figure it out when they get here.