Bullnose Forums

Underhood Work Light LED Replacement

You could and it would work just fine. I was going to say that but I figured someone would comment about wanting the eyelet to have direct contact instead of just through the screw(gambled and lost :nabble_smiley_beam: ) You could also just wrap the ground cable around the edge of the abs but would be more of a pain to install.

I'm pedantic but not ridiculously OCD and paranoid.

Look at KC Lights, they got some LED pod lights that can be used under hood. Im looking at those as a possible recessed under hood light if I run the abs plastic hood liner with the ford oval.

My mindset on recessing lights in the hood is the angle of the light will be more towards you and less into the engine bay unless you angle it, then will the pods like being that close to the top of the engine. I was leaning towards installing them around the perimeter of the engine bay.

My mindset on recessing lights in the hood is the angle of the light will be more towards you and less into the engine bay unless you angle it, then will the pods like being that close to the top of the engine. I was leaning towards installing them around the perimeter of the engine bay.

You could get a 'neon' kit and install it under the fender flanges on each side, but that wouldn't do music to help you see the carb, coil, thermostat or things that will cause you to sit on the side of the road.

I went out this morning to get a picture of my simple 1156 led set up in the rib of the hood.

I discovered that the socket was badly corroded. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Better to know now, and fix it, than to need it and not have it.

Of course I have a headlamp and I hope to pick up another of those Bauer magnetic 18650 rechargeable worklights to keep in the truck.

Man! can't say enough positive things about that item.

You could get a 'neon' kit and install it under the fender flanges on each side, but that wouldn't do music to help you see the carb, coil, thermostat or things that will cause you to sit on the side of the road.

I went out this morning to get a picture of my simple 1156 led set up in the rib of the hood.

Of course I have a headlamp and I hope to pick up another of those Bauer magnetic 18650 rechargeable worklights to keep in the truck.

I have one of those HF flashlights in the van with the side COB led and magnetic base. I carry around a Leatherman surge with the specialty bit set, but I also have the extension that allows normal bits on one side of the pouch and on the other side I have a small rechargeable 150lumen flashlight.

Location got me thinking, what if you mounted them on the front of the hood where it angles down to meet the grill. I think when the hood is open at that point then it should shine straight down.

I have one of those HF flashlights in the van with the side COB led and magnetic base. I carry around a Leatherman surge with the specialty bit set, but I also have the extension that allows normal bits on one side of the pouch and on the other side I have a small rechargeable 150lumen flashlight.

Location got me thinking, what if you mounted them on the front of the hood where it angles down to meet the grill. I think when the hood is open at that point then it should shine straight down.

Looks like someone did just that with a 12v led strip in a rigid aluminum track.

light.png.3d8e2b49ffe870731f7fc41d4dc4badc.png

Which one do you like Jim? 18650 didn’t come up on the HF website.

Wouldn't your head be in the way when working on something? Or would the other LED's in the strip fill in?

Screenshot_20200521-222740.thumb.png.97530786c39aa793e829ad6e988d562c.png

These on Amazon are adhesive backed, but if you go that route I would use something more robust to glue it down. Waterproof and 12v. And you could put multiple down the hood to fight shadowing.