Bullnose Forums

Lower Steering Shaft Needed

Oddly, there are aftermarket replacements for the 1992-1996/7 trucks, so I'm curious why they don't fit (Maybe they do?). The steering boxes stayed the same throughout, so obviously the difference is at the upper end (if any).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-F-150-F-250-F-350-Bronco-Truck-1992-1998-Lower-Steering-Shaft-425-350/124044865460?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Somebody would have to grab one of these from a junkyard to see what the difference is in them.

Sooner or later Dorman or similar company will start selling replacement shafts. I believe they are available for 1979 and older, and 1992 and newer, it's just the black hole of 1980-1991 that is currently not covered...

Actually, I think it is a green hole: :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

But you are right, someone will step in with a reasonably-priced solution, some day. And it would sure be nice if that '92+ one would fit.

But you are right, someone will step in with a reasonably-priced solution, some day. And it would sure be nice if that '92+ one would fit.

But remember those later trucks have a stub steering column, and a U-joint inside the cab.

Steve - Please do!

Rusty - The later ones still have a joint, just not as big.

Jim - I think that's what is meant by "Lower-1982/88 - also replace (12/88) 3524 & 3E715"

Cory - As we've discussed, that's exactly what I need to find, and for a reasonable price.

Gary, I got up there and all of the parts that I wanted were gone, along with the new looking steering box, shaft and pitman arm. Sorry, I tried.

Gary, I got up there and all of the parts that I wanted were gone, along with the new looking steering box, shaft and pitman arm. Sorry, I tried.

Steve - Thanks anyway. You tried.

There's a salvage near me that I'll hit up next week. Maybe they have something.

Gary, I was on Jeff's Bronco grave yard looking for pieces for my Bronco and found that have the steering shaft that you are looking for...……………...Albeit, a little spendie. It says it fits 80-92 F100 through F250. The part number is 32855 and the price is 235.00. Just a thought.

Gary, I was on Jeff's Bronco grave yard looking for pieces for my Bronco and found that have the steering shaft that you are looking for...……………...Albeit, a little spendie. It says it fits 80-92 F100 through F250. The part number is 32855 and the price is 235.00. Just a thought.

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep that in mind. This one will work for the moment, but I do want to find one of the later ones at some point.