Bullnose Forums

2" Spacer lifts: Feedback on alignment?

Nice idea on the Eaton springs. Do you have a ballpark on what they would cost?

Sure, Eaton springs are $190 a pair for the coil springs for my '82 F150 Flareside with or without a 1.5" lift. The leaf springs that I am going to run which is OE spec is $255 a each I think is the one I figured out as being OE for my truck.

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/findmyvehicle/

Im also going to get the Timbren Suspension Assist Kit for $233 from them as well for the rear, I love the idea behind them that they work as a helper spring by replacing the axle tube bumpers.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/fr150sde-f150-load-support.html

I'd want springs instead of shims.

Camber bushings are inexpensive if you know where to look. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

$8 a side is really cheap, and you're going to need an alignment no matter what.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172258149952

I have 1.5" leveling coils, they're a nightmare(for me anyway)! I have adjustable bushings allowing +/- 3.5 deg. I don't think it's going to be enough.

This is the best picture I have right now, but you can see the angle of the wheel.

IMG_3474.jpg.c4b0fb68f84949ac3e06abebe952ba58.jpg

The front is still without the weight of the fenders and hood, but I doubt that weight will fix it. I wouldn't advise anyone to change the front height away from stock.

I can get more(better) pictures if that would help you.

I have 1.5" leveling coils, they're a nightmare(for me anyway)! I have adjustable bushings allowing +/- 3.5 deg. I don't think it's going to be enough.

This is the best picture I have right now, but you can see the angle of the wheel.

The front is still without the weight of the fenders and hood, but I doubt that weight will fix it. I wouldn't advise anyone to change the front height away from stock.

Interesting, ive never heard anyone having problems with alignment with under 2" of raising or lowering the height.

Rob,

Would it be better with spacers?

But youre saying to make no changes at all?

I wonder if they make lift spindles for 4x4?

Rob,

I wouldn't run spacers. Every lift kit Ive installed using spring spacers made the truck ride rougher. But every lift I installed that had longer springs, the truck rode way smoother than stock. Its the reason why I will be running the 1 1/2" increase in height over stock from eaton, I don't want the spacers as I want my truck to ride smother if possible. Roads are bad enough as it is around here then throw in some 31x10.50-15 KO2`s just makes it worse.

I wouldn't run spacers. Every lift kit Ive installed using spring spacers made the truck ride rougher. But every lift I installed that had longer springs, the truck rode way smoother than stock. Its the reason why I will be running the 1 1/2" increase in height over stock from eaton, I don't want the spacers as I want my truck to ride smother if possible. Roads are bad enough as it is around here then throw in some 31x10.50-15 KO2`s just makes it worse.

I hope yours works out fine Rusty, as there will then be hope for mine, but as of know it's not looking good. As I said, it's not done, but I'm doubtful at the moment.

And yes Jim, I'm advocating for leaving the front stock. Maybe my mind will be changed, but it's not yet.

I hope yours works out fine Rusty, as there will then be hope for mine, but as of know it's not looking good. As I said, it's not done, but I'm doubtful at the moment.

And yes Jim, I'm advocating for leaving the front stock. Maybe my mind will be changed, but it's not yet.

Going to be a while till I do mine. I will do my suspension after I finish my entire powertrain in stages. I know I will be replacing my leaf springs. truck sits level with nothing in it. if I put about 200 - 300 lbs the rear end squats down over my 31x10.50-15 tires. I think the dumpster trailer the truck used to pull for work years ago wore the springs out as the trailer was too heavy for the truck. But with putting new springs in the back on it will drop the front down some and I already have a scrub issue with my tires in the front if I have a passenger and hit a good bump.

Don't think OE spec front springs would raise it much. Maybe I will gain a little height in the front with the extra aluminum my 306 will have over the emission laden 302. But then again I don't think it will be enough for leveling my truck out. I don't like the high rear look of these trucks and always planned on leveling the front out when I replace the rear springs.

Hopefully there is no problems. I just know from all the reading I did that 1.5" lift or drop you shouldn't have a problem with alignment. 2.0" it becomes iffy on some trucks and 2.5" is the max that some could still be aligned is what I have heard.

Rob,

I've looked at a lot of lifts and levels. I was planning on 3/4 springs but with the alignment problems and the fact that lifting it was cheaper I bought a 2.5 inch lift from Rough Country with leaf springs. Will be running 33s soon and wanted that extra room. All that being said, all I have seen is drop brackets and radius arm relocation kits to maintain the ability to align these trucks, no lift spindles but I haven't seen everything

To the OP, right now you can get a 2.5 lift from RC for $400 with lift blocks or $650 with new rear springs. It's an option, should allow to still be able to align in properly because the drop brackets maintain the geometry with the lift springs.

I don't know the difference between -c and -d but both are available from that seller

Thanks for the heads up and the link! These look different than the simple "adjustment bushings" available from vendors like bronco graveyard... assuming these are the way to go being a Ford part.

I don't know the difference between -c and -d but both are available from that seller