Bullnose Forums

New member from Southeast Missouri

I noticed something in there when I had the top off but didn't look in there to see what. Im guessing that when I just set it to the side when I had the head off that some of the fuel left varnish and that's it problem. Idk why else it would work fine and then just stop.

It is pretty easy to check to see that you have the ball and the weight. Without both of those the accelerator pump won't work, which is what you have.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty easy to check to see that you have the ball and the weight. Without both of those the accelerator pump won't work, which is what you have.

Well the accelerator pump was still a problem but the carb may have been alright. I took the boosters and jets out and I ultrasonic cleaned them and there was a decent amount stuff that came off, little surprising for only being a couple years old. I put it all back together and the pump worked. Pumped the pedal a couple times and it was definitely stronger but still died. I then for the heck of it turned the distributor some and it lasted a bit longer, turned it more and it idled barely. I thought it was weird that it didn't go directly back onto the oil pump shaft but it was close to where I left it but I guess it got off one. Runs good now

Well the accelerator pump was still a problem but the carb may have been alright. I took the boosters and jets out and I ultrasonic cleaned them and there was a decent amount stuff that came off, little surprising for only being a couple years old. I put it all back together and the pump worked. Pumped the pedal a couple times and it was definitely stronger but still died. I then for the heck of it turned the distributor some and it lasted a bit longer, turned it more and it idled barely. I thought it was weird that it didn't go directly back onto the oil pump shaft but it was close to where I left it but I guess it got off one. Runs good now

I'll take "Runs good now" to mean the problem appears to be solved. Right? If so, yippee! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'll take "Runs good now" to mean the problem appears to be solved. Right? If so, yippee! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yes the timing was very retarded, probably 0 or beyond. Its around 10/12 right now and starts good. We'll see once I get everything tuned where the final timing goes. Pulls about 17" on the vacuum gauge now so I'm happy with that, especially with the cam.

Yes the timing was very retarded, probably 0 or beyond. Its around 10/12 right now and starts good. We'll see once I get everything tuned where the final timing goes. Pulls about 17" on the vacuum gauge now so I'm happy with that, especially with the cam.

Excellent! :nabble_smiley_good:

Are you going to stab the distributor back in the right place, or just move all the plug wires one position over?

Are you going to stab the distributor back in the right place, or just move all the plug wires one position over?

Well I'm not too sure what correct actually is.. half the pics I find are where it is currently and the other half is where it was.

Well I'm not too sure what correct actually is.. half the pics I find are where it is currently and the other half is where it was.

I usually try to have #1 end up around 1:00-1:30 when seated.

That leaves plenty of room either side of my advance unit so I can swing it without bumping into my coil or thermostat housing.

I guess different engines might have a different sweet spot? But that works best for me.