Bullnose Forums

Template done for a brush gaurd.

reamer

Gary, I no longer have the one that was on Darth, but should have some pictures. I know it was hefty enough that when a jerk from New Jersey cut in front of me when I was towing the 5th wheel then slammed on his brakes due to traffic it bent the back bumper on his Chevy 2500 under nearly 90° and the only damage I had was a small nick in the rubber pad on one side.

HI Gary

Sure! and data is appreciated....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Gary

Sure! and data is appreciated....

How 'bout data pictures? :nabble_smiley_wink:

• The "legs" are 3/8" plate

• The insides of the legs are 34" apart

• The top "bar" is actually a piece of rolled plate that is round on top and flat on the bottom, but with a short lip turned up. It is 3 1/2" top/bottom and 2 1/2" front/back

• The countersunk screws for the top bar are centered 1 9/16" down and 1 9/16" back

• The bottom bar is a 2 1/2" tube

• The countersunk screws for the bottom bar are centered 12 7/8" down and 1 9/16" back

• The light-mounting tabs are 2" long with 9/16" holes in them and they are centered 6 5/8" from the inside of the legs

If there are any other details you want please let me know.

Front_Side.thumb.jpg.e347202305518f1f033c19691ec196be.jpg

Back_Side.thumb.jpg.aea26fe0cb245beb0c3875316f33cb5b.jpg

Side.thumb.jpg.821dd9cf55c565c8965bb20bd56f3ea0.jpg

FORD_Embossing.thumb.jpg.f6013a675f71d345b0ea6b66d4d69fb9.jpg

How 'bout data pictures? :nabble_smiley_wink:

• The "legs" are 3/8" plate

• The insides of the legs are 34" apart

• The top "bar" is actually a piece of rolled plate that is round on top and flat on the bottom, but with a short lip turned up. It is 3 1/2" top/bottom and 2 1/2" front/back

• The countersunk screws for the top bar are centered 1 9/16" down and 1 9/16" back

• The bottom bar is a 2 1/2" tube

• The countersunk screws for the bottom bar are centered 12 7/8" down and 1 9/16" back

• The light-mounting tabs are 2" long with 9/16" holes in them and they are centered 6 5/8" from the inside of the legs

If there are any other details you want please let me know.

I'm confused on how this mounts? My frame rails are 40" apart.

The guard I've made mounts to the frame on the outside of the channels.

From the Outside of the frame rails is 40.250"

Could ya "place" it on you beast?:nabble_smiley_happy:

I do like the "FORD" embossed top bar, hmmmmmm, wonder how I can do that??????

brush5.thumb.jpg.320dc0eb30a28affbcceee97ad122e46.jpg

I'm confused on how this mounts? My frame rails are 40" apart.

The guard I've made mounts to the frame on the outside of the channels.

From the Outside of the frame rails is 40.250"

Could ya "place" it on you beast?:nabble_smiley_happy:

I do like the "FORD" embossed top bar, hmmmmmm, wonder how I can do that??????

Perhaps I mis-measured? I'll check again tomorrow. But I can't put it on Big Blue 'cause there's a huge winch bumper and winch there.

Gary,

Are you sure your brush guard is from a Bullnose truck?

The front of the frame changed pretty dramatically from the previous generation.

Lookin more like it fits a Ranger truck of the 80"s?????:nabble_anim_confused:

And if you are not going to use it I know a place....:nabble_smiley_good:

Lookin more like it fits a Ranger truck of the 80"s?????:nabble_anim_confused:

And if you are not going to use it I know a place....:nabble_smiley_good:

I was told it is from a Bullnose, but I really don't know for sure. I will carry it down and see if it fits Huck, which has the later frame. And, it is sitting beside a few Bullnose front bumpers so I can see if the outline and bolt holes match.

I was told it is from a Bullnose, but I really don't know for sure. I will carry it down and see if it fits Huck, which has the later frame. And, it is sitting beside a few Bullnose front bumpers so I can see if the outline and bolt holes match.

Here is the best picture I have of the one that was on Darth, I have no idea who made it but it was definitely substantial. Last seen, I gave it to my son's neighbor in WV.

P3050022.thumb.jpg.e01352d2cc250e999ba337d57c9c1f41.jpg

Here is the best picture I have of the one that was on Darth, I have no idea who made it but it was definitely substantial. Last seen, I gave it to my son's neighbor in WV.

Here's Jerry/Ozark1's mounted on his Bullnose. Looks just like mine. Will measure, again, after i finish this fresh cup of Joe and get out to the shop. I'm guessing I mis-measured.

Jerrys_Bull_Bar_-_small.thumb.jpg.c9b90c15d1886adc066feb317f5ab3d8.jpg

Here's Jerry/Ozark1's mounted on his Bullnose. Looks just like mine. Will measure, again, after i finish this fresh cup of Joe and get out to the shop. I'm guessing I mis-measured.

My bull bar indeed measures 34" between the uprights. And it is a perfect fit on a front bumper.

But Dad's frame measures 40" outside/outside, so these bars don't mount to the frame. Look at the pic of Jerry's and you'll see some hardware at the bottom. I'll ask him for some pics to clarify.