Bullnose Forums

Template done for a brush gaurd.

reamer

Ron - Tomorrow I'll go look to see if I have the hardware which mounts the bar. I tend to remember there being some but haven't seen it of late. :nabble_smiley_uh:

Hmmm, I may have to make the "narrow" version available too....:nabble_smiley_beam:

It will be very interesting to see how yours mounts to the frame..

Hmmm, I may have to make the "narrow" version available too....:nabble_smiley_beam:

It will be very interesting to see how yours mounts to the frame..

Here's the answer. The bull bar bolts to the frame using adapters that look like this and are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2":

Adapter.thumb.jpg.72cdaaf9891e51f114c7c479df6edab5.jpg

And, here's how they fit:

How_It_Mounts.thumb.jpg.5d3654f94318ddff3f35e28decd0709c.jpg

The bumper & frame bolt holes are 37 1/2" center/center, and the holes in these adapters are the same. And, they are ~4" behind the lower bumper bolt, and probably go into the hole shown below, which I think is where the sway bar mounts.

Frame.thumb.jpg.2e910ea4cdb1fa459710bb5d4938cff0.jpg

Also, note that holes have to be drilled in the top of the bumper to take the tabs shown here:

Back_Side.thumb.jpg.d6bce6c10e4c76b5361706956b5bb817.jpg

Here's the answer. The bull bar bolts to the frame using adapters that look like this and are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2":

And, here's how they fit:

The bumper & frame bolt holes are 37 1/2" center/center, and the holes in these adapters are the same. And, they are ~4" behind the lower bumper bolt, and probably go into the hole shown below, which I think is where the sway bar mounts.

Also, note that holes have to be drilled in the top of the bumper to take the tabs shown here:

Quote "Also, note that holes have to be drilled in the top of the bumper to take the tabs shown here":

Since I am a "rogue manufacturer of Items gone by" I may put the tabs to locate with an original bumper bolts are, and not drill into the top of the bumper.....

Quote "Also, note that holes have to be drilled in the top of the bumper to take the tabs shown here":

Since I am a "rogue manufacturer of Items gone by" I may put the tabs to locate with an original bumper bolts are, and not drill into the top of the bumper.....

That would actually be stronger as the bull bar would then be held by bolts to the frame. The one on top isn't all that secure as the bumper isn't very strong and can roll.

But, your hole will need to be square to take the bumper bolt. Or, use a different bolt there.

That would actually be stronger as the bull bar would then be held by bolts to the frame. The one on top isn't all that secure as the bumper isn't very strong and can roll.

But, your hole will need to be square to take the bumper bolt. Or, use a different bolt there.

Slotted holes will catch the carriage on two sides, That what the wider ones have and use the bumper "chrome capped" carriage bolts.

Now I just need a milling machine......

I do have a drill press and bought an "X"-"Y" vise, I'll try milling with that....

That should work, but you'll need a true end mill, or cutter. And it needs to be a single-ended one so you have some place to put it in the chuck. Like this one, although it is the wrong size.

Drill a hole, change the drill bit to the end mill, and then gently create your slot.

That should work, but you'll need a true end mill, or cutter. And it needs to be a single-ended one so you have some place to put it in the chuck. Like this one, although it is the wrong size.

Drill a hole, change the drill bit to the end mill, and then gently create your slot.

If you have a press, you could just broach a square hole.

The tooling isn't too expensive.