Bullnose Forums

Template done for a brush gaurd.

reamer

I have a template in the works to cut the side plates for the brush guard, Local steel shop can supply 2.5" tube, so when pricing a "new guard, they want $350 for the guard and another $350 shipping.

I'm thinking I can cut the sides, and mount tabs and you can get your own tubes.....

Brush_guard_template.thumb.jpg.ab5edb94c4fea23d2cfeba0c18e03e97.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Having the side plates will allow guys to use whatever kind of tubing and/or expanded metal that meets their own needs.

I can supply anyone the side plates and 4 of the bolt-tabs (2 to mount guard to bumper bolt locations and 2 for lights). Shipping them flat, you can save a crapload over an assembled guard.

brush.jpg.09d7a673c5c0311196a9d88632348d58.jpg

brush1.thumb.jpg.bda88786d395232910c675f7d004ef82.jpg

Flap-disk sanded and "rough" install of side plates, WOW! they Fit! Will cut some tubes this afternoon....

brush3.thumb.jpg.54df1ba8e1eb7bdbab4b1b06f0cac716.jpg

brush4.thumb.jpg.3510d3527b2671743162ce95b23626fd.jpg

only had enough stock for one tube today....

brush5.thumb.jpg.384b324c9ef8dceffad8b4fb5f57f930.jpg

I can supply anyone the side plates and 4 of the bolt-tabs (2 to mount guard to bumper bolt locations and 2 for lights). Shipping them flat, you can save a crapload over an assembled guard.

Flap-disk sanded and "rough" install of side plates, WOW! they Fit! Will cut some tubes this afternoon....

only had enough stock for one tube today....

You are making it happen and ought to be proud of your accomplishments!

You are making it happen and ought to be proud of your accomplishments!

Indeed he should. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ron - I have an original Ford-branded brush guard. Would it be helpful for me to measure where the tubes are attached and the sizes of the tubes? That way someone could replicate the original brush guard.

Indeed he should. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ron - I have an original Ford-branded brush guard. Would it be helpful for me to measure where the tubes are attached and the sizes of the tubes? That way someone could replicate the original brush guard.

Gary, I no longer have the one that was on Darth, but should have some pictures. I know it was hefty enough that when a jerk from New Jersey cut in front of me when I was towing the 5th wheel then slammed on his brakes due to traffic it bent the back bumper on his Chevy 2500 under nearly 90° and the only damage I had was a small nick in the rubber pad on one side.