Bullnose Forum

Pre Emptive FIRE!

so... i decided to just take the dash apart and strip down that loom because i had decided that i knew what wire it was, and that i just needed to see the colour... i was right with what wire it is, now i just need to find out what that wire does. this wire looks RED with a Green trace, it loops back on itself in that loom location and i cant tell where it goes. Any insight would be great,

Thanks

So after looking at the evtm it seems that that wire could do a lot.... would I be right in saying it's this, red and green wire shown in this screenshot? Screenshot_20200503-155129_Chrome.thumb.jpg.26d9b49c4b6a0869541e624c1642022c.jpg

so... i decided to just take the dash apart and strip down that loom because i had decided that i knew what wire it was, and that i just needed to see the colour... i was right with what wire it is, now i just need to find out what that wire does. this wire looks RED with a Green trace, it loops back on itself in that loom location and i cant tell where it goes. Any insight would be great,

Thanks

Matt - I can't find "r/g" as wire colours. Nor "r/dg" for dark green. But I do find several instances of "r/lg". And here's one. But you'll notice it isn't served by a fuse, just a fuse link. So one approach would be to pull all the fuses and see if it still gets hot.

But that wire doesn't make sense as I don't think it goes up there.

Page_18_For_Matt.thumb.jpg.d7e4ee7dc5c3ccc6cfbc7ead064f273b.jpg

More likely is this one that supplies the sense circuit to the alternator. It would go from the ignition switch up over there, to the right side, and then out to the alternator.

But there are others, so if this doesn't work let me know.

Page_16_For_Matt.thumb.jpg.e1b4525a2ee96b9194525a6b9338f92e.jpg

So after looking at the evtm it seems that that wire could do a lot.... would I be right in saying it's this, red and green wire shown in this screenshot?

No, I think it is the red/light green wire in my pic. :nabble_smiley_evil:

You beat me. Well done! Want to know how I did it by searching? :nabble_smiley_wink:

You beat me. Well done! Want to know how I did it by searching? :nabble_smiley_wink:

In that case it would be easier to unplug (un-shoe?) the coil than to detach the fuse link.

Coils get really hot once they're saturated and the ignition is left on.

In that case it would be easier to unplug (un-shoe?) the coil than to detach the fuse link.

Coils get really hot once they're saturated and the ignition is left on.

I've always said the resistor wire is pink.

I keep getting corrected... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

so... after much aggravation removing the dash i have discovered that it is in-fact the resistor wire lol, if i had looked a little closer when taking the first picture i would have seen that it says it right on it haha, but oh well for my own peace of mind im happy i stripped it back to find out. also gives me a good opportunity to clean the inside of the dash

20200503_185153.jpg.5a5ed69471600a1a2c91ac286879d45d.jpg

so... after much aggravation removing the dash i have discovered that it is in-fact the resistor wire lol, if i had looked a little closer when taking the first picture i would have seen that it says it right on it haha, but oh well for my own peace of mind im happy i stripped it back to find out. also gives me a good opportunity to clean the inside of the dash

LOL! Well, live and learn. So, can you mark where the ends of the resistor wire are? Lots of people have asked and you are the only one I know that has found it. So mark it and take a pic?