Bullnose Forums

460 Crank Pulley Weights

Noticed the other day that the a/c groove has a bend/dent in it on the one in my truck (a/c isn't installed yet).

Ran to the jy to get a replacement.

All the ones I found have disc weights on them. My bent one doesn't but I had it powder coated (before I started doing it myself) so I don't know if it was on there prior to that or not.

Want to powder coat this one also but wondering if these things are just glued on there and will fall off in the heat. Which may have happened to the first one.

Anyone know?

If they are just glued on there, think I should pop it off, mark the spot, coat the weight and the pulley, then epoxy it back on?

Can't get a photo posted but will when back on wifi

I have this one that is on BB's old engine. Looks like E1TE-DA. Want it?

Wonder what they changed on them between the E1 and E3. I know on my grandpa's 85 460 with the dealer added a/c the it is 2 pieces with the front a/c sheave being separate.

I appreciate the offer and still holding out hope that Sept will happen.

I think this jy one will work, visually it looks good.

I see yours has the coin weight on it also. That is my point of interest. I think what I will do is blast this one without being cautious around the weight. If it survives that I will see if it is still adhered after the brake cleaner and preheating.

If it survives all that, I will coat it.

If at any point it falls off I will scratch an X where it was and tape that circle off so it won't get coated. I'll also avoid coating the backside of the weight so that I can re-glue it, metal to metal.

I have this one that is on BB's old engine. Looks like E1TE-DA. Want it?

That's odd Gary.

The 460 wasn't available in '81.

Ford stopped in '79 (internal balance) and resumed in '83 when they were external balance and available with hydraulic clutch as well as C6.

It did come from BB, so you never know what :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: was up to.

That's odd Gary.

The 460 wasn't available in '81.

Ford stopped in '79 (internal balance) and resumed in '83 when they were external balance and available with hydraulic clutch as well as C6.

It did come from BB, so you never know what :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: was up to.

Don't know what changed, Scott. But this one is yours if you want it. However, I think your plan is a good one.

Jim - Wasn't the 460 available in the van then? However, if the pulley was for it I would have thought it would be E1UZ rather than E1TZ. Dunno. :nabble_anim_confused:

Don't know what changed, Scott. But this one is yours if you want it. However, I think your plan is a good one.

Jim - Wasn't the 460 available in the van then? However, if the pulley was for it I would have thought it would be E1UZ rather than E1TZ. Dunno. :nabble_anim_confused:

For what it's worth, the pulley I have from my old 1986 EFI 302 (D0OE-6312-C) has what looked to be two circular weights glued right next to each other, but they have long since fallen off. So it is possible for the weights to disappear over time as my engine was all original and never touched.

U, for utility?

Weren't Econoline parts with an E?

I know there wasn't a 460 in a pickup in 1981.

For what it's worth, the pulley I have from my old 1986 EFI 302 (D0OE-6312-C) has what looked to be two circular weights glued right next to each other, but they have long since fallen off. So it is possible for the weights to disappear over time as my engine was all original and never touched.

Good to know Shaun - I saw another in the jy that as soon as I touched the weight it fell off. Probably a lot out there just a tad imbalanced and not making a bit of a difference.

Didn't even think about the 81 on Gary's and not being a 460 that year. Good catch Jim. Interesting.