Bullnose Forums

The Return of Rusty

Bucket O' Bolts

I don't post anymore since I sold the Ducatis and gave my BMW to my friends son.

But I'm still lurking.

Joe's build is really good.

You should check it out.

I dont even remember my handle over there. Ill see if I can find that thread.

I don't post anymore since I sold the Ducatis and gave my BMW to my friends son.

But I'm still lurking.

Jim, if you have any other "old" motorcycles you want to give to an "old" friend [me], just let me know! I rode motorcyles beginning in the '60s and would love to relive my youth! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

But I'm still lurking.

Jim, if you have any other "old" motorcycles you want to give to an "old" friend [me], just let me know! I rode motorcyles beginning in the '60s and would love to relive my youth! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

What are you waiting for Dave?

But I'm still lurking.

A push? :nabble_smiley_grin:

But I'm still lurking.

A push? :nabble_smiley_grin:

Throw caution to the wind. No risk, no reward

So it's official, the incorrect flexplate was installed in Rusty leading to the breakdown. The mechanic says the portion of the flexplate that mounts to the crankshaft sheared off with almost a laser like cut. So we now have the correct flexplate, new starter installed and Rusty is ready to roll. I'll be headed East this weekend to pick him up and bring him home. Also, have a glass company coming out next Tuesday to replace the cracked windshield so I can get him inspected, registered and tagged. Was getting dirty looks with that Oklahoma tag on the back 😂... just kidding guys. Our sister unit was based in Lexington, OK and we always had a great rivalry.

So I was browsing through a few pictures I had taken of Rusty on the first attempt to bring him home and noticed something peculiar. I'll post the picture and see if anyone can point it out...IMG_20200502_172602.thumb.jpg.fd62f2bf67aee236eab5ba7d9c45420c.jpg