Bullnose Forums

The Return of Rusty

Rusty is going to be so proud! Those 31's will be just right. :nabble_anim_claps:

Can anyone tell me if the rear suspension has a block that fits between the axle and the leaf springs? Rusty did not have blocks under the leaf springs. I'm looking at the diagram on LMC Truck and the block it shows says it's for a Bronco. I've ran into some issues upgrading the rear suspension on Rusty as the original springs were 2.5" wide and the Rough Country springs are 3". I've already replaced the shackles and both fwd and aft spring hangers to accommodate for the wider springs. I also discovered the top plate for the U-bolts was also for the 2.5" springs. So I've ordered 3" plates from JBG. The block I'm speaking of is item number 3 in the diagram. BTW I've gotten pretty good at drilling out these frame rivets. Ha!

Rear_suspension_diagram.jpg.46efe4eb1da1b06ab704076b22192933.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the rear suspension has a block that fits between the axle and the leaf springs? Rusty did not have blocks under the leaf springs. I'm looking at the diagram on LMC Truck and the block it shows says it's for a Bronco. I've ran into some issues upgrading the rear suspension on Rusty as the original springs were 2.5" wide and the Rough Country springs are 3". I've already replaced the shackles and both fwd and aft spring hangers to accommodate for the wider springs. I also discovered the top plate for the U-bolts was also for the 2.5" springs. So I've ordered 3" plates from JBG. The block I'm speaking of is item number 3 in the diagram. BTW I've gotten pretty good at drilling out these frame rivets. Ha!

Yes, there's supposed to be blocks in there. See the pic below of Dad's truck.

I may have an extra set if you need them. And, btw, Rusty was originally 2wd and that explains the spring width differences.

Dads_Truck_Rear_Suspension.thumb.jpg.e12e0f962cf5e73803be92dde69597f9.jpg

I may have an extra set if you need them. And, btw, Rusty was originally 2wd and that explains the spring width differences.

That sure is a clean rear end Gary. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: But seriously that picture of Dad's Truck is super clean. I figured the fact that Rusty was originally 2wd was why I was seeing the width differences. Took me a bit to figure that out as no matter how much I bent the ear on one forward hanger that spring just wouldn't fit. haha. Live and learn. Yes, I will need a pair to finish the rear suspension install. Let me know if you have a set on the shelf, I would sure appreciate it.

I'm also assuming the correct orientation of the block is with the tapered end pointing towards the differential on both sides yes?

I'm also assuming the correct orientation of the block is with the tapered end pointing towards the differential on both sides yes?

Clay - These are the blocks. The ID# is E3TA 5A799-EA and that cross references to PN E0TZ 5729-B, which are the right ones for a 1980 through at least 1989 F150 4WDs. They are 2" blocks.

They'll go out in the morning if you want them. I don't need them, so if you'll pay the shipping they are yours.

And they point in, as shown in the pic above.

F150_4WD_Rear_Blocks.thumb.jpg.073b0b2dd0440b11c7412461e7dee273.jpg

Clay - These are the blocks. The ID# is E3TA 5A799-EA and that cross references to PN E0TZ 5729-B, which are the right ones for a 1980 through at least 1989 F150 4WDs. They are 2" blocks.

They'll go out in the morning if you want them. I don't need them, so if you'll pay the shipping they are yours.

And they point in, as shown in the pic above.

Gary,

Sounds like a deal. I'll definitely take them. Let me know how much the shipping will be and how I can pay for it. Thank you!