Bullnose Forums

The Return of Rusty

I actually have an extra Saginaw pump from U-Tech you can have. It got a little beat up in shipping but it is only cosmetic.

Or, I can just ship you the extra C2 pump with the pulley still on it. Worked fine when I took it off of Dad's truck. Pretty sure I still have it and I'm going with a Sag on that truck as well.

But the serpentine system looks great. And you can replace that Techumseh compressor that is/was on Rusty. However, you will then start running into the what-hose-to-use-here problem that others have had.

Gary, the extra C2 w/ pulley would fit the bill perfectly.

Jim, looks like CVF gives you multiple options when building your kit. Everything from different power steering pump keyways, the option to add a Saginaw pump, adding a Sanden Style AC Compressor and a 1 Wire Alternator upgrade. I've already done the alternator upgrade so would just need a different pulley to accommodate the serpentine belt.

I actually have an extra Saginaw pump from U-Tech you can have. It got a little beat up in shipping but it is only cosmetic.

Or, I can just ship you the extra C2 pump with the pulley still on it. Worked fine when I took it off of Dad's truck. Pretty sure I still have it and I'm going with a Sag on that truck as well.

But the serpentine system looks great. And you can replace that Techumseh compressor that is/was on Rusty. However, you will then start running into the what-hose-to-use-here problem that others have had.

The pulley bore discrepancy is going to stymie someone without a lathe.

But 335 engines went away in '83, right?

U-techcenter is a screaming deal on all kinds of older Ford parts.

They had F-350 thru F-700 C&C as well as E-series cutaway's.

Jim, looks like CVF gives you multiple options when building your kit. Everything from different power steering pump keyways, the option to add a Saginaw pump, adding a Sanden Style AC Compressor and a 1 Wire Alternator upgrade. I've already done the alternator upgrade so would just need a different pulley to accommodate the serpentine belt.

Clay - Email me your address unless I already have it. I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Yeah.... Now.

But five years ago they didn't have much selection, and I ended up with an L&L alternator bracket.

Clay - Email me your address unless I already have it. I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

The pulley came in late Saturday and I wasn't able to get to installing it until this morning. Needless to say it and the pulley installer I loaned from O'reillys worked like a charm. Had the pulley installed and ready to go in five minutes. Amazing what the right/quality tools will do. Gary, thanks again for shipping everything over. Rusty is back up and on the road. He made the 12 mile trip into Glen Rose and back to return the installer kit and some used oil I had no problem. I also replaced the pressure hose and cleaned the return line and wrapped them in spiral wrap to protect from chafing since there are some close tolerances down there.

The pulley came in late Saturday and I wasn't able to get to installing it until this morning. Needless to say it and the pulley installer I loaned from O'reillys worked like a charm. Had the pulley installed and ready to go in five minutes. Amazing what the right/quality tools will do. Gary, thanks again for shipping everything over. Rusty is back up and on the road. He made the 12 mile trip into Glen Rose and back to return the installer kit and some used oil I had no problem. I also replaced the pressure hose and cleaned the return line and wrapped them in spiral wrap to protect from chafing since there are some close tolerances down there.

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yes, good tools make ALL the difference. Glad it all worked out well.