Bullnose Forums

The Return of Rusty

Not sure what everyone is running as far as floor mats but I decided to give the Husky Liners a shot. Ordered off of Amazon for a decent price and they arrived today. Not a perfect fit but pretty good. Not quite as thick as weather tech liners but should do just fine for Rusty.

I have a thin rubber floor over aluminized heat and sound insulation.

There's some extra layers on the passenger side because of the head pipes

On top of that I have a pair of Ford floor mats from the '95 F-450 I parted out.

I'm with you 100% on anything moving around under my feet and pedals.

These wouldn't stay put so I set some snaps in the rear corners.

I like those Husky liners. But the nubs wouldn't work for me.

Glad to see Rusty is coming together! :nabble_smiley_good:

Not sure what everyone is running as far as floor mats but I decided to give the Husky Liners a shot. Ordered off of Amazon for a decent price and they arrived today. Not a perfect fit but pretty good. Not quite as thick as weather tech liners but should do just fine for Rusty.

I have those same floor liners in gray and I really like them. My carpet has a sewn in matt so as the Husky sits over it with those protruding spikes, I cut them in that area to facilitate a better fit. Mine appear to follow the contour of my floor pan nicely.

I have those same floor liners in gray and I really like them. My carpet has a sewn in matt so as the Husky sits over it with those protruding spikes, I cut them in that area to facilitate a better fit. Mine appear to follow the contour of my floor pan nicely.

I've read that some folks are trimming areas of the driver side mat to accommodate the 4x4 shifter. However, I don't see a need to as the mat is a few inches away. It does come close to the hi-beam switch on the floor but doesn't interfere with its operation. I would agree that it fits the floor pan nicely.

I've read that some folks are trimming areas of the driver side mat to accommodate the 4x4 shifter. However, I don't see a need to as the mat is a few inches away. It does come close to the hi-beam switch on the floor but doesn't interfere with its operation. I would agree that it fits the floor pan nicely.

Bricknose trucks have the 4x4 stick beside the tunnel instead of in the cover plate.

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks Jim.

Another day, another fluid leak on Rusty. Made a 40 mile round trip in Rusty yesterday to run some errands and after parking I noticed a puddle under the transfer case. Sure enough, transmission fluid was welling up and dripping off of the output shaft yoke on the back of the T-Case. Wondering if all this will take is removing the driveshaft and yoke to replace the seal? Suggestions welcome.

PXL_20210401_213933434.thumb.jpg.11475ce169e19145deda59fef6b2fcc5.jpgPXL_20210401_213946408.thumb.jpg.7ee8563a3b1765573c5664419aa3b999.jpgPXL_20210401_214138765.thumb.jpg.7c37764716939674defc5592fdd67eab.jpg

Another day, another fluid leak on Rusty. Made a 40 mile round trip in Rusty yesterday to run some errands and after parking I noticed a puddle under the transfer case. Sure enough, transmission fluid was welling up and dripping off of the output shaft yoke on the back of the T-Case. Wondering if all this will take is removing the driveshaft and yoke to replace the seal? Suggestions welcome.

TcaseOutput_shaft_seal.jpg.358e62b22c342e1912fe5089a7ab5e89.jpg

Thinking the TIMKEN 4333N is the correct seal.

Clay - I learned the hard way on Big Blue to coat the splines of the yoke with RTV before installing it. So you could have one or three problems: a bad seal; a yoke with a groove; or just a leak via the splines.

Clay - I learned the hard way on Big Blue to coat the splines of the yoke with RTV before installing it. So you could have one or three problems: a bad seal; a yoke with a groove; or just a leak via the splines.

That's no bueno. Does the fixed yoke on the rear of the transfer case just slip out or will I need a puller or slide hammer setup to remove?