Bullnose Forum

The Return of Rusty

I remember when he posted the pictures from that visit on FTE, specifically the one with the kids playing in the bed. I can't believe that was six years ago.

Yes, they are growing! They must have been three there as it was six years ago and they are now nine. We got an envelope from them today with their Christmas list, and they are seriously into books, diaries, and Minecraft. Wow!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, they are growing! They must have been three there as it was six years ago and they are now nine. We got an envelope from them today with their Christmas list, and they are seriously into books, diaries, and Minecraft. Wow!

Hey guys, so Rusty made another trip out West to the ranch and made it back home. I did notice however, that while I was driving around the ranch the power steering started making some groaning noises. Upon inspection I found low fluid level in the reservoir. I didn't see any leaks at the time so I topped the fluid off and made the return trip home. After parking at home is when I saw the leak and chased it down to the power steering pump itself. So I ordered a new C2 pump as well as pressure and return lines and started the tear down today. Here's where things go South...

I also ordered a cheapo pulley puller kit from Amazon and this thing is garbage. No matter what I try I cannot get the pulley off and unfortunately I've messed up the pulley pretty bad. After a quick search I cannot for the life of me find the pulley, besides one that's made of gold on Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Anyone have a link to a replacement? TIA.

Power_Steering_Breakdown.jpg.aa3f045811a4a050a9aa5938621e5fb0.jpg

Hey guys, so Rusty made another trip out West to the ranch and made it back home. I did notice however, that while I was driving around the ranch the power steering started making some groaning noises. Upon inspection I found low fluid level in the reservoir. I didn't see any leaks at the time so I topped the fluid off and made the return trip home. After parking at home is when I saw the leak and chased it down to the power steering pump itself. So I ordered a new C2 pump as well as pressure and return lines and started the tear down today. Here's where things go South...

I also ordered a cheapo pulley puller kit from Amazon and this thing is garbage. No matter what I try I cannot get the pulley off and unfortunately I've messed up the pulley pretty bad. After a quick search I cannot for the life of me find the pulley, besides one that's made of gold on Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Anyone have a link to a replacement? TIA.

Clay - I may have an extra pulley and will gladly donate it to Rusty. I'll look tomorrow.

On the puller, I've rented them from the parts stores, and then when I returned them I get my money back. But I've done enough of it that I bought my own some time ago. It is this OTC Tools 4530 Power Steering Pump Pulley Service Set, and it works well.

Clay - I may have an extra pulley and will gladly donate it to Rusty. I'll look tomorrow.

On the puller, I've rented them from the parts stores, and then when I returned them I get my money back. But I've done enough of it that I bought my own some time ago. It is this OTC Tools 4530 Power Steering Pump Pulley Service Set, and it works well.

I really appreciate that Gary. If you have one that would surely help me out. I'll check out the puller kit you recommended. If that doesn't work I may invest in a cutoff wheel and be done with it. HA!:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Perfect excuse for a Saginaw upgrade, but you still have to source a bracket and 0.750" bore pulley.

$50ish from U-tech center, no core.

Gary has more details than me.

Perfect excuse for a Saginaw upgrade, but you still have to source a bracket and 0.750" bore pulley.

$50ish from U-tech center, no core.

Gary has more details than me.

Jim I thought the same thing when I discovered the pump was the source of the leak. However, I kinda have my eye on the CVF Racing Serpentine system. I'll probably pull the upgrade trigger on that bad boy Spring 2021 as I'll be fixing the AC at that time and can do everything at once.

That brings up another topic...Rusty has recently been promoted to daily driver as I've decided to sell my 2017 F-150. So just need a quick replacement of the C2 to get Rusty back on the road.

https://www.cvfracing.com/ford-351c-351m-400-serpentine-system-ac-power-steering-alternator/

Jim I thought the same thing when I discovered the pump was the source of the leak. However, I kinda have my eye on the CVF Racing Serpentine system. I'll probably pull the upgrade trigger on that bad boy Spring 2021 as I'll be fixing the AC at that time and can do everything at once.

That brings up another topic...Rusty has recently been promoted to daily driver as I've decided to sell my 2017 F-150. So just need a quick replacement of the C2 to get Rusty back on the road.

https://www.cvfracing.com/ford-351c-351m-400-serpentine-system-ac-power-steering-alternator/

I actually have an extra Saginaw pump from U-Tech you can have. It got a little beat up in shipping but it is only cosmetic.

Or, I can just ship you the extra C2 pump with the pulley still on it. Worked fine when I took it off of Dad's truck. Pretty sure I still have it and I'm going with a Sag on that truck as well.

But the serpentine system looks great. And you can replace that Techumseh compressor that is/was on Rusty. However, you will then start running into the what-hose-to-use-here problem that others have had.

I remember looking at CVF a few years back when I wanted to dump my air pumps and find an alternator bracket for my 460.

It's really incredible how their lineup has expanded!

And, yeah. It makes sense for you to grab a C2 pump for the time being.

You might ask CVF about a front dress bracket kit to fit '82 E-350's.

That would be all set for a Saginaw pump.