Bullnose Forum

The Return of Rusty

So what are you going to use for a transmission? :ear s

The C6 that's already in. The guys at the transmission shop and my FiL's shop both say there's absolutely nothing wrong with the transmission.

Yes, finger's crossed!

Clay has a really nice engine spec'd out, so I'm confident Rusty is going to be very strong. :nabble_smiley_good:

I know I'd have a DTI on that crank flange, and if it IS out be looking to make it a 400.

While I don't have motor mounts or an exhaust to work with that engine maybe it would be great for someone like Chris, who's truck could use a heart transplant.

Yes, finger's crossed!

Clay has a really nice engine spec'd out, so I'm confident Rusty is going to be very strong. :nabble_smiley_good:

What aftermarket flexplate would you guys recommend when the new long block is ready? I've seen several different variations from the stock steel replacements, heavy duty forged, as well as billet one piece. Also just making sure I'm tracking the correct specs to match D1AZ 6375-A. 164 tooth count, 28oz imbalance, Flexplate Diameter:14.240 in, do these sound correct?

What aftermarket flexplate would you guys recommend when the new long block is ready? I've seen several different variations from the stock steel replacements, heavy duty forged, as well as billet one piece. Also just making sure I'm tracking the correct specs to match D1AZ 6375-A. 164 tooth count, 28oz imbalance, Flexplate Diameter:14.240 in, do these sound correct?

Are you running the 1/4 in under 10 seconds???

Dennis Carpenter has it for $75.

I don't hear bad things about their products

Are you running the 1/4 in under 10 seconds???

Dennis Carpenter has it for $75.

I don't hear bad things about their products

Hahahaha no way. Just want to absolutely ensure a quality, correct flexplate goes in. If I have another break I will probably cry and boy howdy would that be ugly.

Hahahaha no way. Just want to absolutely ensure a quality, correct flexplate goes in. If I have another break I will probably cry and boy howdy would that be ugly.

I don't see any reason to fit one that doesn't fit your intended use.

There's absolutely no reason for an *SFI flexplate in a farm truck (unless it's THAT farm truck)

I've had engines with titanium valves, retainers, collets, pushrods and valve springs.

Yeah, if you're going there, you need to go there.

But you need a flexplate that isn't damaged by "whatever"

Like I said, I would have a DTI on the crank flange and if it wasn't right I'd put a straight 400 crank in it.

(Oh autocorrect, I love you so)

I don't see any reason to fit one that doesn't fit your intended use.

There's absolutely no reason for an *SFI flexplate in a farm truck (unless it's THAT farm truck)

I've had engines with titanium valves, retainers, collets, pushrods and valve springs.

Yeah, if you're going there, you need to go there.

But you need a flexplate that isn't damaged by "whatever"

Like I said, I would have a DTI on the crank flange and if it wasn't right I'd put a straight 400 crank in it.

(Oh autocorrect, I love you so)

Not trying to be "That" farm truck. Just looking to have this thing bullet proof.