Bullnose Forum

The Return of Rusty

I'm willing to bet the other part number is for the 50oz wheel, but I could be wrong.

Not sure what other part number you mean, but the M-block takes a different flywheel than the W-block according to the MPC. Yes, there are two different W-block flywheels for automatics, and maybe that's what you mean - a 28 and a 50 oz imbalance for the W. But neither of those is correct for an M.

I'm betting they put a W-block flywheel on an M-block. And if they are lucky they didn't mess up either the starter nor the torque converter. But I'd want some kind of guarantee in writing that for the next X,000 miles they'll replace either of those parts of it fails.

Not sure what other part number you mean, but the M-block takes a different flywheel than the W-block according to the MPC. Yes, there are two different W-block flywheels for automatics, and maybe that's what you mean - a 28 and a 50 oz imbalance for the W. But neither of those is correct for an M.

I'm betting they put a W-block flywheel on an M-block. And if they are lucky they didn't mess up either the starter nor the torque converter. But I'd want some kind of guarantee in writing that for the next X,000 miles they'll replace either of those parts of it fails.

That is very interesting...keep me in the loop.

I'm willing to bet the other part number is for the 50oz wheel, but I could be wrong.

Angelo, 351w and m were 28oz throughout.

302 HO and post '81(i think) were 50oz.

My '85 notch taught me this.

Gary's chart is only showing 351W and 351m which both have a 164 tooth count in trucks.

Since the mechanic doing the work is a contractor for my FiL, they're covering the repairs being made to Rusty. So thank the Lord I'm only out the tow fee which was much more than I would've thought. Gary, you mentioned the possibility this could've damaged the torque converter. Would there be a visual indication of the damage or would it be internal?

Since the mechanic doing the work is a contractor for my FiL, they're covering the repairs being made to Rusty. So thank the Lord I'm only out the tow fee which was much more than I would've thought. Gary, you mentioned the possibility this could've damaged the torque converter. Would there be a visual indication of the damage or would it be internal?

On a brief positive note, Ford Era is still honoring the coupon code of FE10OFF for a 10% discount. Just picked up a shirt and hoodie.

https://fordera.com/

On a brief positive note, Ford Era is still honoring the coupon code of FE10OFF for a 10% discount. Just picked up a shirt and hoodie.

It is good that they are covering the damages.

And in thinking about it more I doubt the torque converter has been hurt. They are very solid things and just tightening down a flex plate to the front of it would probably not hurt it, even if the flex plate wasn't the right one.

As for the hoodie, did you get this one? That's cool! Or, maybe warm?

1982-86_Hoodie_940x.thumb.jpg.b8a8508a262db28302e6924504f5a00e.jpg

I need to pick up a shirt or two from them. I have one of their 80-81 grille stickers on the back of my Ranger, and another waiting to go on my F350.

It is good that they are covering the damages.

And in thinking about it more I doubt the torque converter has been hurt. They are very solid things and just tightening down a flex plate to the front of it would probably not hurt it, even if the flex plate wasn't the right one.

As for the hoodie, did you get this one? That's cool! Or, maybe warm?

Here's the hoodie and tshirt I grabbed.Screenshot_20200509-073243.png.1e1c1b33aa798038350c73ffbd1bbc4d.png

Screenshot_20200509-073337.png.95a366ce3af629647971092afd48f627.png

Thinking about building a wish list of upgrades and improvements to make to Rusty once I finally get him home from the great flexplate dilemma of 2020. I want to keep the awesome look of the truck, just make functional upgrades really. Such as LED headlights, as well as all other bulbs to led. Would I need to upgrade the 1G alternator to the 3G? Any upgrade suggestions are welcome. Thanks