Bullnose Forum

Choke Thermostat Connector

So is this not available anywhere for these trucks and many other Ford products that used them. I have been searching the internet for sometime and have not even so much as turned up a picture of one what less one for sale. I have tried the Dorman site and tried to look it up on here under single wire connectors and it does not show one either. Has anyone else needed or found them anywhere or anybody got a good one they want to sell maybe? I thought for sure they where available but since I have been looking nothing. All I need is the plastic retainer that slips on the female wire connector but if someone sells them with the pigtail I'll take that to.

100_3179.jpg.0a6c6df1e39aee201b864efb0660da6f.jpg

Does it need to be exactly that one? I think your carb has a 1/4" blade and you need the female connector, Right?

Panduit makes this one, which is available at DigiKey. But there are plenty of others.

Gary, I thought all Motorcraft choke coils had a single male bullet?

Though I'll admit I've never seen a connector like that before.

I think you are right, Jim. I'll admit I was tired and not thinking straight last night when I posted that. Let's see what he says.

The later fully electric chokes had the single male bullet on the choke cap.

The earlier (and in my opinion, better) electric assist choke caps had the male blade, like what you see in the first picture.

I think you are right, Jim. I'll admit I was tired and not thinking straight last night when I posted that. Let's see what he says.

I have also seen the bullet kind but there are probably more of these kind around or at least that I have seen on fords. That is the original connector on my truck and looks like many more I have looked at over the years. Gary your right I could use all kind of other terminals or rig something up to make it connect as I am an electrician by trade so I have plenty of connectors but was hoping to be able to keep it as original as possible if I could find one just never would have never thought with all the pigtail connectors they do make this would be one they do not. Thought maybe someone else may have found them or maybe have some used ones that are good was the main reason of my post. If not mistaken this should be the style connector for all these year model trucks well that have a carburetor anyway. This is the style choke cap it fits. s-l1600.jpg.df433aa1f0878364e49e1e7e08f613cc.jpgs-l1600_(1).jpg.6b159d241d0b9048c5954173acfe622e.jpg

I have also seen the bullet kind but there are probably more of these kind around or at least that I have seen on fords. That is the original connector on my truck and looks like many more I have looked at over the years. Gary your right I could use all kind of other terminals or rig something up to make it connect as I am an electrician by trade so I have plenty of connectors but was hoping to be able to keep it as original as possible if I could find one just never would have never thought with all the pigtail connectors they do make this would be one they do not. Thought maybe someone else may have found them or maybe have some used ones that are good was the main reason of my post. If not mistaken this should be the style connector for all these year model trucks well that have a carburetor anyway. This is the style choke cap it fits.

Maybe take a dive back to the mid '70's when DSII first became a thing?

Fordification or Pete's Ponies might have a line on these connectors?

I'm sure concours cars from then are all wearing them.

Mustang restoration companies abound.

It's a place to start.