Bullnose Forums

Replacement Grille Recommendations?

Hi All,

I'm sitting here plotting my next purchase (slowly but surely) :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

I have an 84, so I think the right grille is the Argent one.

More importantly, I don't see NOS grilles out there, so it looks like I am buying aftermarket. I'd like something that is good quality and has been used by some of you guys and gals.

So, I'm looking for which ones you like most. Dennis Carpenter? LMC? Bronco Graveyard? Are they all the same?

Thanks!

Grille finish varied by trim level. I believe that in '84, Ford used all of them - black, argent and chrome.

There are definitely quality differences by vendor. Carpenter is often Ford Authorized, watch the catalog. Not everything is, and you pay for the licensing, but those parts are perfect. I've had good luck with LMC, but they're the only other online vendor that I've used. Hopefully more will speak up and let all of us know what luck they've had with various vendors, both good and bad.

Grille finish varied by trim level. I believe that in '84, Ford used all of them - black, argent and chrome.

The original grill in my bare bones '84 was the grey one, which is the argent isn't it? It just looks like a plain grey now, but it was probably brighter 35 years ago.

There are definitely quality differences by vendor. Carpenter is often Ford Authorized, watch the catalog. Not everything is, and you pay for the licensing, but those parts are perfect. I've had good luck with LMC, but they're the only other online vendor that I've used. Hopefully more will speak up and let all of us know what luck they've had with various vendors, both good and bad.

National Parts Depot has the Argent Dennis Carpenter grille (E3TZ-8200-F) in stock for $99.95.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/grille-radiator-light-argent-and-black-original/135431/60575

Thanks Jim, do you think that was made with original tooling like some of the other Dennis Carpenter stuff?

-Chris

I can't really say, I've never bought one.

If you go to D C's site it does say "Made in USA", but I have no idea if the dies came from Ford.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/body/grille/e3tz-8200-f-radiator-grille-lite-argent